• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Another Tuesday...

Started by Mugwump, March 03, 2020, 06:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Hmmmm ?...seems like there's one every week  huh

Well folks.....whatcha got going for today ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I need to pick up some things at the Sam's Club but I may hold off. I need to putz in the fishroom a bit. Though I did do water changes a few of my tanks are still looking funky on the bottom, I also want to make more lids.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...let me recap the weekend...Ted Judy was here as I've mentioned...he was a hit!...had him lined up with one of the club members to host hime around town most of the day Saturday...Then the ''bonus'' meeting with his talk Sat night...Sunday 3 members took him birding and brought him to the meeting...

...Big screw up on my part at the meeting...Saturday night after the talk our AV/IT guy put the projector and cables in my new Jeep...next morning Lucy took new Jeep to start her day heading in one direction and I took Tweety Bird in the other direction to the SAS meeting...guess who forgot to get the projector transferred to Tweety?...YEP!...it was I...So I went to Staples and bought one while they did the auction first...

...I hope I can return it///they ain't cheap!...

...yesterday was a good one...Stan and I located a new venue for our club meetings...it's a County Cooperative Extension meeting room..NO CHARGE!...
...then picked up Ted to have lunch and drive him to airport...picked his brain a lot at lunch...
...last thing was to drive over to Glendale to meet a new club member to trade for some dwarf lotus plant I've never had before...
...a long, but successful day...

...Now for today....I've finished my post meeting President Message for our FB page so far...going to line up date reservations for the new meeting place...clean up the fish room a bit and hook up the Bose system to the TV that didn't get done when we moved in...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

SNOW..  Came out of the grocery store to a blizzard.  Great big puffy flakes. It snowed enough to make the roads slippery then stopped. Water changes yet to do.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

No snow here....but a rain/snow mix moving in by tonight..... wfwf...I'm ready for spring !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...no snow here...but dark tonight!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..I'll be damned....fancy that....in Az too... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2020, 12:17:45 PM
...I think i remember from my Physical Geography class in college that it's like a worldwide phenomenon..! :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, it sounds like your club is killer.  You actually had Ted Judy.  What a treat!  I wish there was enough interest down my way for a club, but there is not.  It sure does sound like you do a lot of hard work to keep it going.  Congrats on the new location.  Free!  Imagine that!

I'm lazy as hell today.  Except for animals, dish washing, and checking on my neighbor I have done nothing.  I'm gonna get off my lazy arse once my butter has come to room temperature and make cookies.  I had a craving for a NY style cheese cake.  There is actually an excellent one made by a Hattiesburg restaurant.  It's sold at my local supermarket now.  The price of a whole cake was $30. so I opted for a $4.00 slice of the same from the store's bakery.  God it was good.  Unfortunately it got my sweet tooth back in action.  My cookies are pretty darned good, so they will have to do.

After cookies, I'll go back to sitting on my lazy arse until it's time for WC.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 03, 2020, 01:03:12 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2020, 12:17:45 PM
...I think i remember from my Physical Geography class in college that it's like a worldwide phenomenon..! :D :D :D :D

..I'm flabbergasted....imagine that... huh...I need to catch up with these things.....I don't think that I just forgot that...it's been awhile since I was in school....thanks, Ron  :)
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 03, 2020, 01:53:57 PM
Ron, it sounds like your club is killer.  You actually had Ted Judy.  What a treat!  I wish there was enough interest down my way for a club, but there is not.  It sure does sound like you do a lot of hard work to keep it going.  Congrats on the new location.  Free!  Imagine that!

I'm lazy as hell today.  Except for animals, dish washing, and checking on my neighbor I have done nothing.  I'm gonna get off my lazy arse once my butter has come to room temperature and make cookies.  I had a craving for a NY style cheese cake.  There is actually an excellent one made by a Hattiesburg restaurant.  It's sold at my local supermarket now.  The price of a whole cake was $30. so I opted for a $4.00 slice of the same from the store's bakery.  God it was good.  Unfortunately it got my sweet tooth back in action.  My cookies are pretty darned good, so they will have to do.

After cookies, I'll go back to sitting on my lazy arse until it's time for WC.

C O O K I E S !!!!!!!.....yum |eat|yum  :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

BTW, Pearl is doing fine after her surgery.  I gave her a prescribed Tramadol at noon but she won't need another.  She is eating and drinking and was out in the pasture digging holes earlier.  She's taking it easy, though.  They sent her home with a lampshade.  They send all spay dogs home with one.  But I was able to take it off right away since she has no interest in messing with her incision.  What an excellent patient she is, taking care of herself so well. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 03, 2020, 02:04:13 PM
BTW, Pearl is doing fine after her surgery.  I gave her a prescribed Tramadol at noon but she won't need another.  She is eating and drinking and was out in the pasture digging holes earlier.  She's taking it easy, though.  They sent her home with a lampshade.  They send all spay dogs home with one.  But I was able to take it off right away since she has no interest in messing with her incision.  What an excellent patient she is, taking care of herself so well.

..I was wondering if she was home yet.....good to hear she's doing well... |^|
Jon