• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Sunday

Started by Mugwump, March 01, 2020, 05:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....with a bit warmer temps in the 50's we'll try to spend a little time outside.....supposed to be pretty windy tho... huh....

whatcha got going on...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

My morning has been busy already with both of my fry tanks suffering major losses. I've been scratching my head about this all morning.

This spawn had a large % of albino fry so I knew it would have a lot of loses but they have taken down a bunch of regular fry. This is day 5 of free swimming.

The parents are tending to a new spawn that I let them keep. Hopefully they don't eat the spawn and cull the albinos. I guess albino pearlscale would be double trouble from a genetic standpoint.

Now for some breakfast before I get back to work.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm just getting going.  I think I must have forgotten to take my pain meds last night.  I have work to do so I'll get up off my lazy old butt soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 01, 2020, 06:48:49 AM
My morning has been busy already with both of my fry tanks suffering major losses. I've been scratching my head about this all morning.

This spawn had a large % of albino fry so I knew it would have a lot of loses but they have taken down a bunch of regular fry. This is day 5 of free swimming.

The parents are tending to a new spawn that I let them keep. Hopefully they don't eat the spawn and cull the albinos. I guess albino pearlscale would be double trouble from a genetic standpoint.

Now for some breakfast before I get back to work.

Apparently the albino die off was too much for the 5 gallon tank to bear. I managed to save about 30 non albino fry and they are in an ammonia free aged water 2.5 for now.

It was stupid of me not to have paid more attention to the ammonia levels in that tank. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Sunny & 55degs so far..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..58degs...come on 60's  |^|
Jon