• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 03:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Sunday stuff

Started by Mugwump, February 23, 2020, 03:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..it's swap day so we'll be loading up the Tahoe in a bit.....we've got everything mostly ready except for the fish ....still need to bag some cories and guppies.....

whatcha all got going on today... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Putzing in the fishroom today. Might make a good dinner, I have a cornish hen thawed out in the fridge. May mess around in the garage a bit to get things ready for the spring.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...cloudy again here today, so I'm inside mostly...did the weekly WC on the 125 and a small one on the 5g...it's almost ready for shrimp...I'm going to start out with Bloody Mary line...they're like Cherries but have coloration in the body as well as the shell...Stan's got them from one of our club members and I'm going to get my start from him....

...rest of day...????

...The first part of this week will be busy-busy...Lucy is chair of the Spring Fling Fashion Show (I believe I've mentioned that here before), and it is on Wednesday...Monday and Tuesday I'll be running back and forth from here to Florence picking up and delivering foo...and props that she and I have been working on (mostly she) since May last year...I'm the gofer boy! :P :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I started a little carpentry project in the chicken house to set up for after my chicks hatch and are ready to move from the brooder room which is the fish room.  I am so slow and so unskilled in carpentry, but tomorrow will be raining so I wanted to make a start.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We're back rom the swap now.....sold out about 11:30am but hung around for a couple hours chatting with Josie, Kasey, Carl, philthy Phil, Jeff Moy and others....big gab fest LOL

Picked up some Alino Sterbia...some angel fry, and a trio of super red guppy males for a project....and some spirulina flake.....etc.

It was a fun day as always with a table next to Josie, what a doll  :)....next up..our Rockford swap on Mar 8th  :) |^| :)...can't wait...

..been a long day today....I'm not too tired but I have the usual hauling the fivers full of water aches......the tired will likely settle in shortly....there's no place like home  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2020, 03:55:29 PM
We're back rom the swap now.....sold out about 11:30am but hung around for a couple hours chatting with Josie, Kasey, Carl, philthy Phil, Jeff Moy and others....big gab fest LOL

Picked up some Alino Sterbia...some angel fry, and a trio of super red guppy males for a project....and some spirulina flake.....etc.

It was a fun day as always with a table next to Josie, what a doll  :)....next up..our Rockford swap on Mar 8th  :) |^| :)...can't wait...

..been a long day today....I'm not too tired but I have the usual hauling the fivers full of water aches......the tired will likely settle in shortly....there's no place like home  ;)

Stop bragging. lol Great folks with very nice fish. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

wsantia1

Willie

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 23, 2020, 04:14:53 PM

..... =;-)....Danke  :)......and nice freak'n tunzzzz there my friend......nice tunzzzz indeed  w!w |^| w!w
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2020, 04:43:51 PM

..... =;-)....Danke  :)......and nice freak'n tunzzzz there my friend......nice tunzzzz indeed  w!w |^| w!w

I'm listening to the deep stuff today. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 23, 2020, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2020, 04:43:51 PM

I'm listening to the deep stuff today. lol

..Mingus is so f'k'n good....ear candy.....

...and I was just thinking of putting on some "Mile"...either 'Kinda blue'...or 'sketches in Spain'
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 23, 2020, 04:56:58 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2020, 04:55:17 PM

I grew up on this. My father was really into this stuff.

I first heard Cal Jader at 'Shelly's Mann Hole' in Hollywood, Ca....then Amad Jamal there..then Oscar Peterson......I'd already been into jazz piano......then came 'MJQ'...Miles 'Kind of Blue', 'Jazz Mssg'rs', etc....Jazz now has a permanent place in my heart......

If aliens came down to earth this is what you would play for them so that they will go-" oh yeah, these people are intelligent."
Jon