• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 08:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Wednesday

Started by Mugwump, February 19, 2020, 05:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....we need to run a few errands this morning....then putz around in the fish room doing a bit of pre-swap stuff.... |^|

..whatcha got going on folks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Nothing going on here yet but I'm sure there will be some putzing in the fishroom.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Oh hell, I dropped a vape pen in the 125 doing WC and I cannot find it.  Thinned the jungle about a week ago and the water is clear.  I have looked, felt, moved everything around and looked some more and  can't find the damn thing.  I looked beside the tank in back of the tank, and all around and in the water storage drum.  I guess I'll just watch the fish and move them all somewhere if they seem not right.  Don't know what else to do.  I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

I guess I'll go clean the kitchen.  It will be more fun than this WC was.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I found it!  It was in the jungle val.  I opted for digging a ditch to drain some of the water standing on my dirt road rather than kitchen cleaning.  I spotted it when I got back in.  The fish seem fine, but I'm still going to keep an eye on them.

God keeps telling me to quit this nasty habit but I keep yeah, I know.  But it's my life and if I insist on doing something that's bad for me it's my business.

Ron Sower

...did some bill-paying this morning...then cleaned the 5g tank a little more with acid to remove more old calcium carb residue...did ok...

...Gonna rinse some substrate for the 5g in a little bit...as soon as the guys from the park maintenance finish replacing the bath floor that warped when they left a leak in a pipe replacement as part of the purchase deal on this house...

...Probably heading to Costco later today...need some provisions!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hey Ron, what did the new doctor say.  I'm doing great on my Kradom so far.

waterboy

Taxes done and in the mail.  There is a new form this year for seniors.  Simple as can be.  First line says "How much did you make this year".  Second line says "send it in"
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 19, 2020, 02:02:36 PM
...He thinks most of my pain is from inflamation and degenerative(osteo) arthritis based on our discussion...I really liked the way he let me talk and asked specific quesitions as I did so....he wants me to have MRI and xray done on lower back so he can dial it in to make sure...

...so I guess I'll call and set up those appts and get back to him after they're done for my follow up...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...ok...bills are paid...5g is as cleaned as it's gonna get...the maintenance guys did a beautiful job on my bathroom floor...took 2 vicodin and waiting for them to kick in then I'm going to take my love to Costco...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 19, 2020, 02:41:19 PM
...He thinks most of my pain is from inflamation and degenerative(osteo) arthritis based on our discussion...I really liked the way he let me talk and asked specific quesitions as I did so....he wants me to have MRI and xray done on lower back so he can dial it in to make sure...

...so I guess I'll call and set up those appts and get back to him after they're done for my follow up...

Keep us up-dated, OK?

Mugwump

...left the hose about 8:30am to go shopping for a few things.....oh sure, as we hit (4) stores and loaded up.....came home and unpacked everything, split the meat into meals and wrapped it for for the freezer....then left to pick up #2 son, who's pickup is still on the fritz, and took him around and then to work.....just got back home...finished up the laundry and put that away....

..got me a big cup of coffee and said 'that'll be it for today'.... huh  :).....

Liz, I'm trying a 'posh' vape pen now, peach flavor...500hits for around $10....it's already cut my tobacco use by well over half+....I'm breathing and sleeping better too  |^|....all in less than a week..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 19, 2020, 02:52:15 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on February 19, 2020, 02:41:19 PM

Keep us up-dated, OK?
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Update on the vape that took a nice bath.  It's hard to believe but I blew it out, took the battery out and put it aside to dry for a while.  I expected it not to work, but it works!  So fish are all happy and I saved myself from having to pay $10. for a new vape pen.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 19, 2020, 02:48:39 PM
...ok...bills are paid...5g is as cleaned as it's gonna get...the maintenance guys did a beautiful job on my bathroom floor...took 2 vicodin and waiting for them to kick in then I'm going to take my love to Costco...
...went on and set up the 5g...inspired by my visit to the Petrified Forest a couple years ago...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...nice....I like the pieces...what's next?
Jon