• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Garden goodies

Started by Mugwump, August 28, 2013, 05:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jan just brought this in.....garden was excellent this year  ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

b125killer

That's cool Jon. You Guys did good on your garden.
Scott

Ron Sower

This year is the first year Linda has ever done any ''gardening''. She planted 2 tomato plants, a basil plant, flat leaf parsley, rosemary and thyme. We have been enjoying the fruits of her labors the latter part of this summer.  She has also been canning and pickling beans and asparagus.  Yummmmm!  First time ever also!  Should I be worried?  :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Worried??....no way...enjoy, and then do another garden every year.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Ha!  She just never has done any of this before!  .....Scary!

Next year I hope to have the very small growing area developed into raised beds for her, or we'll set out some very large planter pots from Costco.  Then eventually get a water drip system run into them.

We live in a Senior mfr home park and have a very small lot, thank whatever gods there are, and the back yard is just about all concrete patio.  Have an outer edge that has soil for planting.  Quite convenient actually.  Our last home was on a regular lot and even tho the back yard was small, I hated mowing it, so we covered it with a beautiful multi-level cedar wood deck and had it covered with potted plants.  At one time it was a gorgeous jungle back there!  But for me, even the potted plants were a nuisance because we were always moving them and having to reset the drops from the drip system each spring and it killed my back.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron