• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

Monday, Monday...

Started by Mugwump, December 30, 2019, 04:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....whatcha got going on folks?... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Lots. Feeding some fry at the moment.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 30, 2019, 05:33:23 AM
Lots. Feeding some fry at the moment.

...LOL....sounds like it  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..yup..winter is back.....it's snowing.....
Jon

Mugwump

...the fish folk company just left......good times  |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..ok...finally the day is winding down.......we're settling in for the even'n..... w!w |^| w!w

.....We just picked up CBS 'all access'....about $5.......we stream it with Roku.....very, very nice.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Discus are guarding eggs and I have my fins crossed.

I took my 3 babies back to the shelter this afternoon.  The mean lady welcomed me and smiled even before I pulled out my check book.  I don't know what was up with her Saturday but whatever it was it was not affecting her today. 

I'd have spoken to them in the office about donating my grooming services as I had been intending but I cried when I said good bye to the puppies.  I can go back to visit them and I'll speak to them about it then.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 30, 2019, 05:12:53 PM
Discus are guarding eggs and I have my fins crossed.

I took my 3 babies back to the shelter this afternoon.  The mean lady welcomed me and smiled even before I pulled out my check book.  I don't know what was up with her Saturday but whatever it was it was not affecting her today. 

I'd have spoken to them in the office about donating my grooming services as I had been intending but I cried when I said good bye to the puppies.  I can go back to visit them and I'll speak to them about it then.

...it is sad......but you know too that it's for the best...
Jon

Mugwump

"oh the weather outside is frightful, the fire is so........"

Issued: 3:39 PM Dec. 30, 2019 – National Weather Service

...Snow and Wind Could Impact Travel through Early Tuesday...

Scattered snow showers will affect the area through early evening.
The main impact from these will be reduced visibility, possibly
down under one mile at times under the heaviest snow showers. A
dusting to a couple tenths of inch of snow may be possible on any
untreated road surfaces, which may cause patchy slick spots.

Later this evening through early Tuesday morning, an area of snow
will gradually drift southward across the region. Accumulations of
up to one to two inches are expected along and north of a Mendota
IL to Medaryville IN line. Localized amounts up to three inches
are possible near the Wisconsin state line. Strong westerly winds
will gust to 30 to 40 mph through the night, with the potential
for sporadic 40 to 45 mph gusts this evening. The strong winds
could eventually cause patchy blowing snow in open areas. Expect
any untreated roads to become snow or slush covered due to the
snow tonight into Tuesday morning.

Motorists are advised to check road conditions and leave extra
travel time. Prepare for some travel impacts to the Tuesday
morning commute. When driving on snow or slush covered roads,
reduce speed and increase following distance between other
vehicles.

Jon