• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

Wednesday morn'n...great coffee

Started by Mugwump, November 13, 2019, 03:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Howdy all...... :)

....4degs now, wc -4, might see mid 20's later  huh

...we've been a bit thanks to our roving demon, Manny.....he's usually not that vocal but this morn'n he was Caruso for some reason... huh...fed him and not sure where he's at now.?

..nothing planned really but haven't checked the calendar as yet.... huh

..more coffee  :)...brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

dang...up to 11degs already :)

MMmmmm....very good coffee.....might make myself a big bowl of oats ....yum :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. The coffee was great. It is a frigid 21 degrees out there and it will be getting up to a high of around 38 degrees today. The average recorded high temps for this day is 60 degrees so we will fall way short of that.

I have a couple of errands to run but otherwise I will be staying warm indoors,
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 13, 2019, 05:10:00 AM
Good morning. The coffee was great. It is a frigid 21 degrees out there and it will be getting up to a high of around 38 degrees today. The average recorded high temps for this day is 60 degrees so we will fall way short of that.

...good reading days..... :) |^| :)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 13, 2019, 05:14:08 AM

I think I'll spend the time fine tuning a couple of tanks. I was down in the fishroom late last night and saw a couple of items that needed to be addressed. I also want to eliminate a couple of more HOBs on the smaller tanks.

So far I've gotten rid of 8 HOBs and notice very little difference in the water parameters. I still hit them up with my HOT Mags a couple of times a week but that's a hell of a lot cheaper than running HOBs 24/7.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 13, 2019, 06:02:23 AM

I think I'll spend the time fine tuning a couple of tanks. I was down in the fishroom late last night and saw a couple of items that needed to be addressed. I also want to eliminate a couple of more HOBs on the smaller tanks.

So far I've gotten rid of 8 HOBs and notice very little difference in the water parameters. I still hit them up with my HOT Mags a couple of times a week but that's a hell of a lot cheaper than running HOBs 24/7.
Are you replacing these with sponge filters running on one large air pump?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

55 now forecasted 76 today...SUNNY..!!!! 8)....

Tomorrow thru next Tuesday showing back into the 80s again...and then the 70s...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 13, 2019, 07:52:26 AM

Yep. I have a Alitta 60 that I got from Carol a few years back. It works great.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 13, 2019, 08:32:19 AM

I had a Jehmco in the past that I loved...it was so quiet...and really pushed the air....can't remember the model tho...
Can you compare the two lines of pumps for me?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 13, 2019, 06:53:42 PM

I had a Jehmco in the past that I loved...it was so quiet...and really pushed the air....can't remember the model tho...

https://www.jehmco.com/html/central_air_pumps.html
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 13, 2019, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 13, 2019, 06:53:42 PM

https://www.jehmco.com/html/central_air_pumps.html

Never used a Jehmco but I understand that they are great pumps. The one I'm running I got used and rebuilt by a popular Angelfish breeder for 50 bucks. I've had it for a while and it runs great. Quiet too. |^| |^| |^|
Willie