• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:59:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 304
Total: 305

Popeye?

Started by Jdmcfast, October 20, 2012, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Scott

Jo

Yes just responded! No worries.
Jo

Jdmcfast

a have not seem any sign of popeye, but I'm afraid I may have contaminated the tank next too it atleast. The only thing that I can figure out is if I unknowingly used the bucket that I brought fish home in to do water changes.:(
But I have lost 3 angels from this other tank in question and also yesterday I lost one of my big Koi out of the original tank.:'(
I have been dosing metro since sunday!

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mugwump

That's too bad, Josh.....good luck....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

WOW sorry to hear that.  I know what that feels like. Around Christmas last year I got some fish from A guy and wanted them to pair off with some of my others and lost all of them to what ever they had.  Hard lessons.  I will never go with out some kind of QT again
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

It'll bite you for sure.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I infected a fry tank with a tank of sick rams before. I did a water change on the sick tank then the fry tank with the same hose. Jon probably remembers that I called him a lot. He's such a great help.
Scott

Jdmcfast

Did they end up making it? I'm hoping I didn't contaminate any others!

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

b125killer

I did lose a lot of fry plus the rams. But I saved some of the fry. I think the rams had flukes worms. I ended up using API General Cure Anti-Parasitic Fish medicine. After I used it I didn't lose anymore fry. It sucks when you  contaminate other tanks. 
Scott

Jdmcfast

Yes it does! It had me very paranoid about doing it even more

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 30, 2012, 10:33:55 AM
a have not seem any sign of popeye, but I'm afraid I may have contaminated the tank next too it atleast. The only thing that I can figure out is if I unknowingly used the bucket that I brought fish home in to do water changes.:(
But I have lost 3 angels from this other tank in question and also yesterday I lost one of my big Koi out of the original tank.:'(
I have been dosing metro since sunday!

What sympotoms did the ones that died show?

Posted using tapatalk 2
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jdmcfast

Other than the first pinoy with popeye the only symptoms I've seen is white stringy poo, they are still eating fine

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 31, 2012, 03:51:30 PM
Other than the first pinoy with popeye the only symptoms I've seen is white stringy poo, they are still eating fine

Posted using tapatalk 2

Got any medicated flake around??....if so, I'd feed em some....or treat with 'metro' and raise the tank temp up to 88deg.......could be 'Hex' ???
Jon

LizStreithorst

Did you see the white poo in the existing fish that just died? 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jdmcfast

One of the existing fish had gotten a lesion on his head and was rolling over and hiding a lot for a few days before it died. The other
2 I saw no warning at all.

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh