• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

Thursday things....

Started by Mugwump, October 10, 2019, 06:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....so what's up folks?......who's got Halloween decorations up?.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm still busy with fish tanks and puppies, mostly.  I 3 BN and 3 mystery snails to the planted Discus tank.  I added the sacrificial lamb Discus to the tank yesterday.  Despite the cloudiness of the water it's still not floating.  As soon as I can get the tank to clear a little more I'll add the adults that I want to live there and put the little guy back with the other younger ones where he was happy.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing!  I found 3 baby snots in the rainbow fish tank!  Two brown white tipped and 1 regular brown one.  I have an albino male in one of Barb's long caves fanning and one Brown male who dug a cave in the gravel under one of Barb's round caves fanning.  Seems like they've be in their "nests" for quite a long time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 10, 2019, 09:20:23 AM
I'm still busy with fish tanks and puppies, mostly.  I 3 BN and 3 mystery snails to the planted Discus tank.  I added the sacrificial lamb Discus to the tank yesterday.  Despite the cloudiness of the water it's still not floating.  As soon as I can get the tank to clear a little more I'll add the adults that I want to live there and put the little guy back with the other younger ones where he was happy.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing!  I found 3 baby snots in the rainbow fish tank!  Two brown white tipped and 1 regular brown one.  I have an albino male in one of Barb's long caves fanning and one Brown male who dug a cave in the gravel under one of Barb's round caves fanning.  Seems like they've be in their "nests" for quite a long time.

....cool beans....now you'll finally get those bn fry..... :)

I ran an errand ans stopped for gas....I got filled up at $2.42/gal......cheapest around here in a loooong time....whoo hoo  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...we decided to run over to Walgreen's for our flu shots and they're all out of the 'mega' flu serums......they'll have more in next week......there must be a run on the flu shots this year..this is the first time I know of that they've run out anywhere around here..... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I did another huge WC and the tank got fairly clear.  I added the Discus.  They were freaked at first because they are adults and had never seen a plant nor gravel their entire lives.  They hid and turned dark but then started exploring and got a lot of their color back.  They're still not happy in there and the tank is still a bit cloudy even though I have changed a ton of water and have 2 magnum 250's running.

I don't want to take a pic until the water is clear and the discus look comfortable.  If the Discus aren't comfortable in a week I'll put them back in a BB.  I have no clue what I'll put in that tank if I have to put the Discus back into a bare bottom.  IMO the tank looks pretty good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...the rain and storms are beginning to arrive now.....temps are falling.....it'll a good sleeping night for sure..... |^| I left the bedroom window open til later when we go in...... |^|
Jon