• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 245
Total: 246

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

The parents are 10, 11 months old at most.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Nice...they'll produce lots of fry in the coming years.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know that this doesn't count because it's not a spawn, but I came home to one of my nice home grown Blue Diamonds flirting with my Snake Skin/BD cross NADA class winner.  I will not get my hopes up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Light the candles, put on the Barry White and uncork some wine for em.... ;D..good luck, Liz
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They will have to decide what to do or not to do on their own.  I could always pour a bottle of imported beer in their tank, or add a bag of pennies for luck, but I don't think I will.

Only other pair that has spawned recently is a Pigeon Blood male with an F1 Curipera female.  It is NOT a good cross.  Those two can have their fun in the community tank but I want never to produce babies from them.

LizStreithorst

Well, guess what?  They spawned.  I am overjoyed.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2013, 06:04:40 PM
Well, guess what?  They spawned.  I am overjoyed.

See, not to worry...... ;D    Congrat's !!....
Jon

LizStreithorst

You can see my fine man's pic here.  He's the 7th from the top.http://forum.discusnada.org/showthread.php?738-NADA-2012-Show-Photos  His wife is good, but few Discus can hold a candle to the male.

Mugwump

Sorry the NADA site( http://nadaatlanta2012.com/?nr=0 ) is expired in August....  :'(
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dang.  It worked for me.  Oh well, I'll take pics of the pair when I get them in a breeding tank next week.

wsantia1

Well I have 2 new spawns to report.  My manacapuru x spawned early this afternoon and a plat pair spawned about 2 days ago in the community tank.  I just moved some pre dime plats into a grow out tank so I have room to pull the manacapuru x spawn.  The ones in the community tank I'll leave alone for now.  Both pair spawned on the intake tubes.  That's funny since both tanks have slates and plants.

Willie

Mugwump

It's always where you don't want it....LOL.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 13, 2013, 04:02:09 PM
Well I have 2 new spawns to report.  My manacapuru x spawned early this afternoon and a plat pair spawned about 2 days ago in the community tank.  I just moved some pre dime plats into a grow out tank so I have room to pull the manacapuru x spawn.  The ones in the community tank I'll leave alone for now.  Both pair spawned on the intake tubes.  That's funny since both tanks have slates and plants.

Well my Manacapuru X are now fully free swimming as of this morning.  They spawned on the 13th.  That's only 6 days. That was the quickest any on my spawns has gone from spawn to free swimming
Willie

Mugwump

You might have a few PB's in there??....possibly a gold too...Neil's original cross was with a PB ghost w/hidden gold.....I had just a few too....hopefully the ones that you got don't have the gold, I tried to look for signs of it, and select those without...but.....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

A hidden gold would have 1 gold gene? ???
Willie