• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 238
Total: 239

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Nice.....you can do 2-3 gal changes easily too....just do them daily, or every other day...they'll get used to the rhythm.....and it's not as upsetting as larger changes....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I agree with Jon.  With my Discus I change water every day.  They're used to it.  It doesn't put them into a tizzy.  They will attack the siphon hose but that's a sign of good parenting instincts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I think there teaching me more of what they like. I can't feed them when they have the spawn. Or they will eat the eggs Then when the eggs become wigglers I can feed them but can put a hose or hand or anthing in there water. They just want things there way. And they have slowly been showing me what there way is.
Scott

LizStreithorst

That's the way it works.  We learn from the fish.  Ain't no point in trying to teach them.  I can feed but I've found that the pair eat very little when they are guarding eggs and wigglers so I feed them little until the fry free swim.  When the pair has fry eating from their sides they get hungry.  Very hungry.  Not all my pairs have been that way, but most have.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Yea there the only pair I have that have successfully parent raised. I have another that is so close it's killing me. They will get them to free swim but there lunch after that. I'm not going to pull there spawns yet. There got them that far it shouldn't be too much longer before they figure it out.
Some time last year I got some Plecos that have wild blood. I got them from Jon. I'm not sure he remembers it's been so long. last Friday I put one of the wild blooded females in with one of my tank raised plecos.  I was looking for them in there tank and I found them both in the cave. He has her pinned in the back. I'm hopeing they will spawn for me. This is his first spawn, I'm not to sure about her. She was in my planted tank. And I don't really know how many plecos were spawning in there.
Scott

Mugwump

If he's got her trapped back in there...it won't be long...check later...LOL.....The 'stud miffin' has G'ma in the cave too....LOL......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I was a little surprised how quickly he took to the cave. He's never seen a cave in his life. Somehow he knew what to do and how to get his new lady in there.
Scott

Mugwump

It's the candle light and smooth talk  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

This is what my plat pair # 2 is up to.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 02, 2013, 06:34:04 PM
This is what my plat pair # 2 is up to.

LOL...and of course, on the filter intake....LOL....on another note...G'ma and the 'Stud Muffin' produced a cave full of eggs.... ;D.....she's a spawning machine....and he seems to be quite capable of keeping up with her.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

Nice spawn, I hate it when my fish spawn on intake tube. The side of the tank is another spot they like to spawn on.
That's good for you on the pleco spawn Jon. My new pair haven't done anything. She must of not liked his cleaning or the smooth talk.  ;D
Scott

Barb

The only fish spawning around here are my Endlers.  Hundreds and hundreds of em.
Barb

wsantia1

That's the second straight time they spawned on that tube.  There are 2 slates in that tank and they were nice and clean too.  Jon congrats on yet another cave full of eggs.  I have my BNs divided across several tanks and most of them have not reached maturity yet.  I have caves for them when they get ready.LOL
Willie

wsantia1

Not a great shot but these are peas from plat pair # 1.  This pair always spawns on the slate.  At last count I had 225 of these and that's after culling out most of the albinos and belly sliders.  I need to really get down in there and start some serious culling once I get a better look at the fins.
Willie

Mugwump

Nice spawns, Willie....grow em big bro.... ;D
Jon