• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

That's too bad...I hate new heaters for that reason. Some you can calibrate, but that takes time..others seem like they've reached the set temp...then amble on several more deg's after you think they're set. Now I just set them up in the same size tank that they'll be used in, for a few days, til the 'new heater swings' stop.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I lost a lot more fry. And the rest of them stopped eating.  I guess the thing I learned is to set up new heaters before I put the fry in the tank. It's the little thing I take for granted. Like the heater will get to the temp set and stay there. At least the chocolate blue should be ready to spawn anyday now. It just sucks that I had to lose such a big spawn.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Rotten luck.  Sorry, Scott.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Sorry about the bad luck Scott.  Murphy's Law I guess.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Sorry you lost that spawn Scott.  I'm sure you'll have much better luck with that chocolate blue.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Jdmcfast

So sorry Scott. Better luck next time;D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Josh

b125killer

Thanks everyone, I do have some better news. The chocolate blues spawned today. I'm going to go pull this one and try not to kill them.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 29, 2013, 02:43:40 PM
Thanks everyone, I do have some better news. The chocolate blues spawned today. I'm going to go pull this one and try not to kill them.

Good luck.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on October 29, 2013, 02:43:40 PM
That's great,  Best wishes to you.
Willie

wsantia1

Well as of this afternoon I have 3 pairs tending to spawns.  They will be left to their devices as I am already fostering enough fry. Eggs from 2 pair (plat, mana x) have already hatched and I'm already seeing diminished numbers.  The third pair (paraiba) is sharing a divided 55g with plats and the male did not cover much of their last spawn.  In fact I am fostering some of their last spawn.  At least they all will have a chance to practice their parenting skills and I will make room for any survivors.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 19, 2013, 01:10:13 PM
Well as of this afternoon I have 3 pairs tending to spawns.  They will be left to their devices as I am already fostering enough fry. Eggs from 2 pair (plat, mana x) have already hatched and I'm already seeing diminished numbers.  The third pair (paraiba) is sharing a divided 55g with plats and the male did not cover much of their last spawn.  In fact I am fostering some of their last spawn.  At least they all will have a chance to practice their parenting skills and I will make room for any survivors.

busy busy busy, huh?..... :o
Jon

wsantia1

In my divided 55g a Plat pair and a Paraiba pair decided to spawn at the same time.  Small spawn for the Plat pair, huge spawn for the Paraiba pair.  Since I'm not pulling spawns these days it will interesting to see what happens when they go free swimming. The BN that I have sharing that tank was getting attacked by the male Plat (He is a mean SOB).  I tried to rescue her but she scooted away too fast. LOL ;D 
Willie