• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 08:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 253
Total: 254

My first attempt at posting a photo here...!

Started by Ron Sower, August 12, 2013, 12:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

This is from my first attempts at doing any real fish photography with my new Canon.  The photo was done with the adults in their own species tank Evolve8 late one morning. There were 5 in the tank. At least 2 females were carrying egg clutches, which were brushed off later in the day.  Oryzias woworae, Daisy's rice fish.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=6745b49341&view=att&th=14070ce3b00265d3&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=file0&zw

Hope this thing is uploading right!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

No sir....it's mail. You'll need just the image itself...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good morning....

Well, Jon, I can't seem to copy the jpeg in my file and paste it here. I can copy it, but it won't let me paste it. Yet, I can paste it on my desktop, or onto a Word sheet.

Any ideas?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

You can use Photobucket for your files.....or if off the web, right click, properties, highlight link, copy...the paste between the brackets using the 'img' tab above left....if using Firefox, right click, copy 'link location' and paste the same way, with the 'img tab above...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

let's see if I did it correctly this time...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Email it to me Ron and I'll get it posted for you.

Dennis

Ron Sower

I sent email yesterday. Did you get it?  My camera coach was visiting tonight and he gave me some tips to try for the next session.  I gotta get a Pixel RW 221 rx remote shutter release for my Canon t3i.  Know where I can get one?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

LOL....they went to me.....

Jon

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

What an awesome picture!  It ws worth the effort to get it posted.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

@Jon - oops!  Thanks for the posting for me.
@Dennis - thanks for the link.   What camera do you use? 
@Liz - thanks! Jon did the posting work. I gotta figure it out some day!

I used Picasa 3 to edit the photo.  I'll be getting Elements soon. Coach Stan says I can do more and it's a little easier.  We may install it later this afternoon.

I gave up on photography more than 30 ears ago when I gave up serious fish keeping.  Stan is getting back into aquaria and I back into photography.  So it's a complimentary trade of knowledge! Look out...! Budding world class fish photographer on the loose and rising from the ashes!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

We never get tired of fish pictures.  I was into photography back in the days of Kodak fiilm. Your post is making me consider pursuing instructions again instead of pushing buttons, turning dials and hoping for a good shot.

Do keep us updated on your progress.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

Nice pictures Ron.

I have the same camera. I didn't even know there was a wireless remote!
Is that to get sneaky on the fish?

Ron Sower

Bill; I've learned there are at least 2 types of remotes for this camera. 1) Wireless infra red that is line of sight only so you have to trigger it from the front of the camera. 2) Wireless radio control (this is the Pixel RW 221 rx) which can be triggered from any angle around the camera and from quite a distance.

And it is to get greater depth of field for certain images I want to get. So I guess that's a little sneaky on the fish!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron