• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 392
Total: 392

Tuesday it is.....ta da !

Started by Mugwump, June 18, 2019, 05:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Morn'n folks.... :)

...some early running around today...then I'll try to mow before the rain moves in......grass looks great with the rains that we've had but gets awful thick to in the low spots....
..strawberries are coming in and soon some red raspberries too... |^|..... the garden looks right on schedule.. |^|......can't wait for some of those fresh, juicy tomatoes.. :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It finally rained.  It rained hard last night and it'll rain a good bit on and off all day today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2019, 07:24:11 AM
It finally rained.  It rained hard last night and it'll rain a good bit on and off all day today.

.....cool beans ......that'll help soften up your ground...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yeah, as if it weren't already soft enough from having the sprinkler on it all day yesterday.  No, I'm not complaining it's just funny because last time I ran  the sprinkler on it it rained the next day, too.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2019, 07:35:44 AM
Yeah, as if it weren't already soft enough from having the sprinkler on it all day yesterday.  No, I'm not complaining it's just funny because last time I ran  the sprinkler on it it rained the next day, too.

...never fails... huh
Jon

Mugwump

..morn'n routine finished, we've dropped Harrison off, got gas (which surprisingly the price has dropped), mowed the grass and it really looks nice  |^|.....just a quick trip to the store for some fresh Italian bread.....then I'm chilling for a bit....the weed whacker is charging so I'll trim the fence line later...

....76degs and rising, but the humidity is insane.....the dew point is in the mid 60's already ....yup those big puffy clouds will change to dark clouds as the thorms move through.....

..right now I'm munching on a big fat PBJ......MMMMmmmmm
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm quite proud of my silly old little self.  Both gardens have been dug 3 times, the last time with manure dug into the soil.  This project tried to kill me twice but failed.  It is now planted with Zinnia seeds.  Zinnias can take anything and they will mellow my soil.  When the flowers bloom it will look like 2 4 X 8 graves for a couple of tall fat people buried there, but I don't care.  All I want is to get the soil nice and mellow and ready for vegetables next Spring.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2019, 02:50:45 PM
I'm quite proud of my silly old little self.  Both gardens have been dug 3 times, the last time with manure dug into the soil.  This project tried to kill me twice but failed.  It is now planted with Zinnia seeds.  Zinnias can take anything and they will mellow my soil.  When the flowers bloom it will look like 2 4 X 8 graves for a couple of tall fat people buried there, but I don't care.  All I want is to get the soil nice and mellow and ready for vegetables next Spring.

...good plan....we used to scatter giant zinnia, zinnia, giant marigold, and marigold seeds across a long flowerbed.....the results were stunning with it all mixed together.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I saw it in my mind's eye.  Now I need to buy marigold seeds.  I'll be doing a lot of seedling thinning in not too long and I'm looking forward to it.

11 years ago I bought 2 Clemone plants because the leaves looked just like marijuana leaves and I thought that was cool.  I planted them in a bad place.  It was too shady.  Before they died they produced seeds which found a place that they were happy and do well in.   Right in front of my climbing rose outside my main double window.  It's going to look like I have a pot garden out front. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2019, 03:26:54 PM
I saw it in my mind's eye.  Now I need to buy marigold seeds.  I'll be doing a lot of seedling thinning in not too long and I'm looking forward to it.

11 years ago I bought 2 Clemone plants because the leaves looked just like marijuana leaves and I thought that was cool.  I planted them in a bad place.  It was too shady.  Before they died they produced seeds which found a place that they were happy and do well in.   Right in front of my climbing rose outside my main double window.  It's going to look like I have a pot garden out front.

BOOMBA !......a living masterpiece  w!w |^| w!w
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon