• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:15:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

Pinoy Clown/Blue Smokey pair

Started by Mugwump, August 03, 2013, 02:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like I may actually get something from this pair......??...
Sm/+ pb/pb Blue smokey
D/+,Z/S pb/pb Pinoy clown

Progeny:
#  Genotypes  Phenotypes %

1 S/+ pb/pb Blue ghost 12.5%
2  S/+ Sm/+ pb/pb Blue smokey ghost 12.5%
3  Z/+ pb/pb Blue zebra 12.5%
4  Z/+,Sm/+ pb/pb Blue smokey leopard 12.5%
5  D/+,S/+ pb/pb Black ghost pinoy 12.5%
6  D/+,S/+ pb/pb Pinoy smokey 12.5%
7  D/+,Z/+ pb/pb Pinoy zebra 12.5%
8  D/+,Z/+,Sm/+ pb/pb Pinoy smokey 12.5%

List of unique phenotypes:
#  Phenotypes %
1  Blue ghost  12.5 % 
2  Blue smokey ghost  12.5 % 
3  Blue zebra  12.5 % 
4  Blue smokey leopard  12.5 % 
5  Black ghost pinoy  12.5 % 
6  Pinoy smokey  25 % 
7  Pinoy zebra  12.5 % 

Spawn looks real good so far and are a day or so from free swim... 8)
fry are more around the edges, lots more than the pic shows....but...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

them will be some neat angels. Good luck!
Scott

Barb

Will be an interesting spawn, good luck with em!  For some reason Jon, your post reminds me of math class ;D
Barb

Mugwump

Well, they be up and running... ;D....fed some vinegar eels for a first treat....pigs  ;D

Don't mind the debris...this was pre clean up and feeding, I was a bit excited  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Eating like pigs, started walter worms and a little bbs....and nothing left to clean...and I'm heavy handed with the chow...LOL.feeding 4 times a day and it vanishes I'll begin all bbs tomorrow ;D  ..worms for a treat
Jon

Mugwump

Chowing on the bbs real well....all's well so far..... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

So far it looks like a good representative spawn. I should be able to see what exactly the parents are carrying?...I know that they have (2) pb's, (1) Zebra, smokey, dark, stripeless....time will tell what else is lurking in them.....if the smokey has a stripeless, then paraiba;s should show up...
Jon

Mugwump

Pigs......eating like they've never been fed....LOL         love it  ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Have you had paraibas in any spawns in the past?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Not from this pair....I got a spawn when I first paired them off, but most all didn't make it...they're getting better at it now.....so we'll see....I'm not sure that the pb smokey carries a stripeless, hoping to find out... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

It's time to move these little dick'ns to a bigger tank... ;D....
Jon

b125killer

They must be doing good. I have three paraibas from my pb clowns. one of them will need to go see the culling department. most look like blue zebra.   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on August 17, 2013, 07:48:34 PM
They must be doing good. I have three paraibas from my pb clowns. one of them will need to go see the culling department. most look like blue zebra.

PB Zebras....sweet....look for a dark gene in some...that's the Pinoy....hopefully a few survived. I have some dark ones in this batch, hoping for Pinoy clowns, Pinoy leopards, Pinoy smokeys....we'll see.. ;D
Jon

Mugwump

They're moved and didn't skip a beat  ;D..eat'n like little pigs, I'm pleased
Jon

b125killer

got to love it when a plan comes together. are they showing signs of color yet?
Scott