• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:02:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 292
Total: 295

HB super veil X HB stripeless pair

Started by LizStreithorst, February 26, 2019, 08:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

After almost giving up on this pair they figured out the baby thing.  Their first successful spawn is about pea size right now.  I figure there between 150 and 200 or them.  This is their second batch just went free swimming this morning.  It looks like even more.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Babers

Congratulations Liz! They are a pretty couple. Very nice size babies too. Get those tanks ready  :D
Joel

waterboy

Neato.  Parent raising pairs are the best.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen.  I love being a grandma to baby fish from a good pair.  I only mess with parent raising pairs.  I know that I'm wrong but I believe that if a pair is too stupid to raise their own kids I have no use for them.  Normal people artificially raise when the pair eats their kids.

I'm delighted with these babies but they're not the babies that I'm most excited with.  My cross between a half black and a blue silver pearlscale have reached breeding age.  I have separated 5 pairs and have them in breeding tanks.  I have a small spawn from the first pair.  The other pairs have eaten their eggs so far.  I can't wait to see what combinations I get from this breeding.  The goal is to get a few HB blue pearls.  Would that not be cool as grits?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2019, 02:17:30 PM
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen.  I love being a grandma to baby fish from a good pair.  I only mess with parent raising pairs.  I know that I'm wrong but I believe that if a pair is too stupid to raise their own kids I have no use for them.  Normal people artificially raise when the pair eats their kids.

I'm delighted with these babies but they're not the babies that I'm most excited with.  My cross between a half black and a blue silver pearlscale have reached breeding age.  I have separated 5 pairs and have them in breeding tanks.  I have a small spawn from the first pair.  The other pairs have eaten their eggs so far.  I can't wait to see what combinations I get from this breeding.  The goal is to get a few HB blue pearls.  Would that not be cool as grits?
...I don't like grits...!  :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2019, 02:17:30 PM

You are the Grandma to those plat angels on that previous video I posted also. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.