• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 506
Total: 506

Follow up...!

Started by Ron Sower, July 30, 2013, 06:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

If this is not the right part of the forum, please feel free to correct it.

After Jon promoted some of our sponsors a few weeks ago, I ordered some caves from Barb. Thanks, Barb.  They're really nice and I placed them in one of my tanks a couple days ago and Bushygrey, the male longfin pleco, was resting on top of it the next morning, then he was head-in it, then out and about it. Next day the female albino longfin, Laceylady, was hanging out around it, in and out.  Yet no breeding going on...!  They have never shown any interest in spawning yet.  Maybe this is a start...

Two of the smaller caves are being occupied by two sumo loaches. they are so cute. they lay inside with just their heads poking out!  When feeding time comes they dash out and swirl around to get some food. And they are each guarding their own new homes, chasing off any intruders...!!!

Nice caves, Barb.  Thanks again!
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

This will work, Ron...good to see ya on board again... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Pump them up with high protein foods and follow up with a big water change. I'd bet the farm that gets them going.

Barb

This is good to hear Ron!  Glad that your catfish like their new caves, I bet there will be fry before long.  Let us know when it happens.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 30, 2013, 07:01:59 PM
This will work, Ron...good to see ya on board again... ;D

Thanks for the feedback folks...!

It's been a busy summer, you all!  We've done a little pop-up tent camping, are painting the exterior of the house, visited cousins, followed g-daughter's softball tourneys, and other stuff going on!  I'll be getting back on here regularly when summer's over, I'm sure.  I've been following a lot of you on here.

Later folks..Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I know, summer's a busy time.....enjoy  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson