• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320

Goldfish set up?

Started by fishhead0103666, January 21, 2019, 02:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhead0103666

Well I finally did it, I got a black moor goldfish like I've wanted to do for years. I have a 55 gallon waiting for him when I get home but it's rather bare and I'm wanting to customomize it for my goldfish. Anyone have any ideas?
Dreaming of more catfish...

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 21, 2019, 02:51:52 PM
Well I finally did it, I got a black moor goldfish like I've wanted to do for years. I have a 55 gallon waiting for him when I get home but it's rather bare and I'm wanting to customomize it for my goldfish. Anyone have any ideas?

bare bottom is much easier to maintain with gold fish...but I'd think potted plants like the durable anubias might be perfect....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Try duckweed, they like to eat it.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on January 21, 2019, 04:39:19 PM
Try duckweed, they like to eat it.

...yup,,,good one, Bill.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

fishhead0103666

I actually have it a sand bottom since the previous inhabitant was a catfish, I'm looking for ideas that I could incorporate into the tank along with the sand bottom. Maybe someway I can do a floating anubis bundle.
I can't keep duckweed alive :/

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 21, 2019, 04:57:31 PM
I actually have it a sand bottom since the previous inhabitant was a catfish, I'm looking for ideas that I could incorporate into the tank along with the sand bottom. Maybe someway I can do a floating anubis bundle.
I can't keep duckweed alive :/

...is your tank without a light?
Jon

fishhead0103666

Don't ask me how I do it, other aquarists have to break down their tanks to kill duckweed but I can barely grow it on purpose.

Mugwump

..you need an 'Edgar'....he's a flowerhorn....

Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 21, 2019, 05:19:00 PM
Don't ask me how I do it, other aquarists have to break down their tanks to kill duckweed but I can barely grow it on purpose.

..I love duckweed.....and it's easy to control......
Jon

fishhead0103666

How about an amazon sword in a pot? Oh wait that gave me an idea, I could have a couple Anubis nana growing inside an empty pot. The root ball it would form would be impressive.

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 22, 2019, 04:50:39 AM
How about an amazon sword in a pot? Oh wait that gave me an idea, I could have a couple Anubis nana growing inside an empty pot. The root ball it would form would be impressive.

..plus imho..anubis are heartier...
Jon

fishhead0103666

I simply adore Anubis specifically Anubis nana, I can't get enough of them. I have a 29 gallon that is almost all Anubis nana. Can't seem to keep amazon swords alive for some reason  huh. Still gonna try some swords after I try the Anubis nana.

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 22, 2019, 05:37:40 AM
I simply adore Anubis specifically Anubis nana, I can't get enough of them. I have a 29 gallon that is almost all Anubis nana. Can't seem to keep amazon swords alive for some reason  huh. Still gonna try some swords after I try the Anubis nana.

...Mark Huffman has great plants..... https://www.facebook.com/AquariumPlantsCheap/
Jon

fishhead0103666

I just now looked at the link and I have got to say, I fell in love with the Anubis he has gotten before. I absolutely positively without a doubt love Anubis and can easily fill a tank with only Anubis (Anubis nana is my favorite) and those Anubis he has and those prices I'm in heaven. Just looking at it all has made me decide to completely change my 1st 55 gallon tank to gravel, plant it with only Anubis, and even change the stock slightly to move some of the bottom dwellers to other tanks so they won't bother the plants. My mind is rushing with ideas and I just can't stop thinking about them all. I'm so excited now!
Thank you mugs, I'm going to buy from him definitely.   

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 23, 2019, 12:04:43 PM
I just now looked at the link and I have got to say, I fell in love with the Anubis he has gotten before. I absolutely positively without a doubt love Anubis and can easily fill a tank with only Anubis (Anubis nana is my favorite) and those Anubis he has and those prices I'm in heaven. Just looking at it all has made me decide to completely change my 1st 55 gallon tank to gravel, plant it with only Anubis, and even change the stock slightly to move some of the bottom dwellers to other tanks so they won't bother the plants. My mind is rushing with ideas and I just can't stop thinking about them all. I'm so excited now!
Thank you mugs, I'm going to buy from him definitely.   

Mark's a good man...just saw him Sunday at the swap....he and his wife drove up from Southern Indiana.,,,
Jon