• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 265
Total: 266

what a day

Started by Mugwump, July 22, 2013, 08:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Two of our sons are moving to new homes, fairly local......#2 son's house that they're moving from caught fire this afternoon...the 220 outlet behind the dryer blew up, igniting the gas line in the process. Quick thinking avoided a bigger problem...only the washer/dryer area was damaged....all are ok....so we helped them move a lot of things a bit earlier than would have been....fire dept guy said the outlet cover was cracked....doh,,it was behind the freak'n burning gas line, and had just blown out.....sheesh...by the by, the dryer wasn't being used at the time.....lucky it happened during the day....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Holy shit.  What a scare.  Thank goodness that disaster was averted.  What might have made the outlet blow up without even having a load on it?  Weird.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

The owner of the house was trying to sell it but the building inspector hedged at the wiring. It's very old. Now he'll be forced to upgrade to local/state standards. Visually it doesn't appear that bad, a burnt wall, outlet, dryer, etc...they were very lucky that they were able to drag a hose inside quickly...the power had been shut down by the outlet blowing....the fire dept. is very close, and were there in minutes....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

WOW!  Good to hear everyone is alright.

Dennis

Mugwump

Thanks folks, it was quite a scare, and made for a busy few hours. We got a bunch moved to the new house last night. This guy's old bones aren't used to carrying couches and mattresses....pooped me out fast in the heat.....their neighbor jumped in with a van, and with the Tahoe, we got some things to tide them over for the night....plus
Jon

b125killer

I'm happy that everyone is okay. That must of been scary.
Scott

PaulineMi

Whew!!!  What a frightening ordeal.  Glad everyone is okay.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Fire is so scary. So glad no one was hurt
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mir

Oh, wow! I'm glad everyone's okay!
We had a problem with our dryer outlet the first day we moved in our apartment too! But it luckily didn't start a fire.
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'