• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Everyone in Ellisville is so nice to me.

Started by LizStreithorst, November 23, 2018, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

From the supermarket to the hardware store they seem to like me a whole lot.  Makes me feel so good.

The best is Chip.  He told me 2 years ago that he was going to close his shop and move to the coast.  I told him that he would never be happy working for someone else.  At any rate lots of stuff happened between then and now, and he's still here.

I drove to him in the Peamite.  He was across the street chatting to the mechanics at the other shop.  I told him that I needed Charlotte for the weekend.  He was hoping that she would crank, but we walked to the back of his shop where she lives, and she cranked right up.  He smiled and told me that he needed to tell me something and we went inside of his shop.  I didn't know what was up huh

He said, "I'm going to close the shop."  I clutched my heart and said, "Oh, my heart."  Then he said that it would be good for me, that he was going to take a job that NAPA right here in town.  When I asked, he said that at NAPA he could be his own boss.  In a small town store, he might be right.  I hope so.  He'll work there from 7 to 3 and make $80,000 a year.  After work he can do as he chooses.  What he chooses to do is fix up old cars and work for folks he likes, like me.  That's pretty much what I do except that my "real job" is a SS check.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..wow...80K at NAPA...who knew?.....good for Chip |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

All I know is what he told me.  I know people can sometimes exaggerate with it comes to money.
Always move forward. Never look back.