• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 254
Total: 254

Newest additions

Started by Mugwump, September 18, 2018, 09:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

Not anymore,i asked him already.
I found someone a few months ago that had adults but no spawns yet.
I asked him to let me know when he had some available, hadn't heard   back from him so I just messaged him to see what's going  on.

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

waterboy

Quote from: Babers on October 04, 2018, 04:04:29 PM
A lot of skepticism on the bg. Just like the pb then like Greg mentioned. On my pair, I've always had consistent fry...Pinoys (double dark and single D) , blue silver, platinum BSP, And BSP's ( both double dark and single D). Nothing surprising as Raiko told everyone what the genetics of BSP angels.

I've had 8 batches so far and consistent on all and Over a hundred babies each time. I'm not gonna bother to count fry. The guy from UK can do that if he wants to.

At this time, I had to separate my pair (BSP x Pinoy from Dale) and will attempt to breed out the pb.
Ive settled to using one of my female Koi. I figured the Koi will be okay bec this is what Raiko used when he started his project.

Great job Joel.  My spawns have been inconsistent at best. Blue silver het spawned with a BSP male once (abt 30) then never again. Hybrid Pinoy (D/g) spawned with the other BSP male twice (20 and 50) then went to 5-10 eggs per spawn.  Her last viable spawn had 5 survivors, those are the ones I traded to Jon. Replaced the Blue Silver with a Gold het, so far 1 spawn, 3 wigglers. Replaced the Pinoy with a Blue Silver, no spawns yet.  I have a tank of hets that are all female so I have plenty to try to get to spawn, they spawn with each other but give up when I put them with a male. I am growing out the 3 small spawns in hopes of getting a viable pair or two.

I think you should do fry counts on yours. Doesn't take that long and might help someone else in the future. I have counts for the ones I have but not real sure what to do with them.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

waterboy

Quote from: ghonk on October 04, 2018, 08:14:51 PM
If they are double dose  PB and BG call them Aqua. 
Hey got any Aqua Seal Point Blushers for sale. ;D

Still need to figure out how to note the Albino Dantum  gene too.

(ad) maybe?

If they are double dose pb and bg with a dark gene they are Seal Points. Until they get officially approved by TAS I think you can call them anything you want. Probably can anyway, some people do it. I don't think there are any names for the other double dose bg phenotypes, Bulgarian Green maybe.
Dale

Babers

I've got spawn #7 and #8 here. I can still count the fry on both spawns since I haven't mixed them with the other batches yet. I have spawn #8 still in the jar. Swimming outside the jar in the 10 gal tank is spawn #7.

The Angels I left from my oldest spawn are about dollar-hd  size at this time. I'll cross 2 BSP angels then to prove that they breed true...100% BSP babies. (Hopefully Dale will do the same). Just because no one has been successful yet (after Raiko)  in breeding true BSP, doesn't mean they don't breed true.

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on October 05, 2018, 01:16:13 PM
I've got spawn #7 and #8 here. I can still count the fry on both spawns since I haven't mixed them with the other batches yet. I have spawn #8 still in the jar. Swimming outside the jar in the 10 gal tank is spawn #7.

The Angels I left from my oldest spawn are about dollar-hd  size at this time. I'll cross 2 BSP angels then to prove that they breed true...100% BSP babies. (Hopefully Dale will do the same). Just because no one has been successful yet (after Raiko)  in breeding true BSP, doesn't mean they don't breed true.

...nice...parents genetics ?.....D/g bg/bg pb/pb ?....I think that's what I have from Dale... huh....

Parents
D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg   
D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg

Results
----------------------
25.0%   D/D - pb/pb - bg/bg
50.0%   D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg
25.0%   g/g - pb/pb - bg/bg -
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: waterboy on October 05, 2018, 10:44:29 AM

(ad) maybe?

If they are double dose pb and bg with a dark gene they are Seal Points. Until they get officially approved by TAS I think you can call them anything you want. Probably can anyway, some people do it. I don't think there are any names for the other double dose bg phenotypes, Bulgarian Green maybe.

They DO NOT need to have any PB genes to be Seal Points.
A BSP is D/+-bg/bg,and maybe D/D-bg/bg.

Raiko's original BSP had no PB genes.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 05, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

(ad) maybe?

.....LOL...you're sure now ????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

And maybe D/+, S/+,bg/bg,and maybe D/+,p/p,bg/bg, and maybe D/+,S/S,V/+,bg/bg, and maybe .................  All I know for sure is I have some  white fish with dark Dorsal and Anal fins swimming in my tanks that I am calling BSPs. I am pretty confident what their genetics are. As far as any other bg/bg fish are concerned, I haven't decided what to call them.  Will probably call them Dale's Greens just to distinguish them from Joel's or Raiko's.

Right now I think Joel should be the authority on them as he seems to be the only one spawning them for now.
Dale

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 05, 2018, 01:49:57 PM

(ad) maybe?

Absolutely.

"Raiko is convinced that what they've found is a previously undiscovered recessive gene, exposed through 10 years of inbreeding with Dark Gold Marble (D/Gm) and Hybrid Dark (D/g) lineages."

Raiko did most if not  ALL of his crosses using NON PB fish.
Using PB fish would have changed the  Phenotype.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 05, 2018, 02:09:22 PM

(ad) maybe?

Absolutely.

"Raiko is convinced that what they've found is a previously undiscovered recessive gene, exposed through 10 years of inbreeding with Dark Gold Marble (D/Gm) and Hybrid Dark (D/g) lineages."

..Shazam !...you're telepathic too..... huh....most all the bg's that I've seen have at least (1) pb.....
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: waterboy on October 05, 2018, 02:08:01 PM
And maybe D/+, S/+,bg/bg,and maybe D/+,p/p,bg/bg, and maybe D/+,S/S,V/+,bg/bg, and maybe .................  All I know for sure is I have some  white fish with dark Dorsal and Anal fins swimming in my tanks that I am calling BSPs. I am pretty confident what their genetics are. As far as any other bg/bg fish are concerned, I haven't decided what to call them.  Will probably call them Dale's Greens just to distinguish them from Joel's or Raiko's.

Right now I think Joel should be the authority on them as he seems to be the only one spawning them for now.

In one of your posts you either said that BPS need to have PB,or you think they need to have PB.

They do not,just making it clear to  those that may be lurking what the facts are.

Sure you can still call them BPS WITH the ADDITION of PB,but they don't necessarily need  to have PB genes.

I suggested Aqua to indicate the presence  of BOTH  double dose BG and PB.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 05, 2018, 02:24:34 PM
Quote from: waterboy on October 05, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

In one of your posts you either said that BPS need to have PB,or you think they need to have PB.

They do not,just making it clear to  those that may be lurking what the facts are.

Sure you can still call them BPS WITH the ADDITION of PB,but they don't necessarily need  to have PB genes.

I suggested Aqua to indicate the presence  of BOTH  double dose BG and PB.

..huh?.... huh
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 05, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

(ad) maybe?

Absolutely.

..Shazam !...you're telepathic too..... huh....most all the bg's that I've seen have at least (1) pb.....

LOL,to need to contact Raiko like I suggested.

To bad TAF is no longer,it was layed out clearly in Raiko's posts.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 05, 2018, 02:33:43 PM

(ad) maybe?

Absolutely.

...why?.....with your mind link, it's covered isn't it Spock?.... :D
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 05, 2018, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: ghonk on October 05, 2018, 02:33:43 PM

(ad) maybe?

Absolutely.

...why?.....with your mind link, it's covered isn't it Spock?.... :D

Yes that's right.
Come on Joel,set Jon straight. ;D
Paul Simon