• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 243
Total: 243

Newest additions

Started by Mugwump, September 18, 2018, 09:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 03, 2018, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 03, 2018, 04:34:24 AM
Yes, I worked with Damon when the counts were done.....I'm on the Stds Committee for TAS...

....the pb gene recognition has nothing to do with any work done with bg......nor it's path to being recognized....
....Yes I know the pb gene  recognition   has nothing to do with  bg,didn't say it did.
..you mentioned it why then?
""I can't remember if Ken did counts of his fish when he first started doing his crosses,but I assume he did.
But the PB gene wasn't recognized by TAS until MANY years later when Damen did independent  counts.""

As far as the BG gene being recognized,if you are talking about by TAS that's never going to happen.

Is TAS even active anymore,or relevant at this time.

Their forum sure is dead, gets less hits then the cubs did   in the last 3 games.  ;D

...yes, sadly it's not what it once was.....recognition.....??.....I believe Raiko mentioned once that he didn't care about getting TAS recognition.... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Yes Raiko said he had no interest in recognition from TAS.
He said because of the way Ken was treated.

Just because Raiko didn't post counts of all of his crosses doesn't mean he didn't do them.
  Possibly didn't want to be bothered with the skepticism of his findings,which did happen to Ken. 
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 03, 2018, 01:25:17 PM
Yes Raiko said he had no interest in recognition from TAS.
He said because of the way Ken was treated.

Possibly didn't want to be bothered with the skepticism of his findings,which did happen to Ken.

.....LOL...oh I'm sure...... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

A lot of skepticism on the bg. Just like the pb then like Greg mentioned. On my pair, I've always had consistent fry...Pinoys (double dark and single D) , blue silver, platinum BSP, And BSP's ( both double dark and single D). Nothing surprising as Raiko told everyone what the genetics of BSP angels.

I've had 8 batches so far and consistent on all and Over a hundred babies each time. I'm not gonna bother to count fry. The guy from UK can do that if he wants to.

At this time, I had to separate my pair (BSP x Pinoy from Dale) and will attempt to breed out the pb.
Ive settled to using one of my female Koi. I figured the Koi will be okay bec this is what Raiko used when he started his project.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on October 04, 2018, 04:04:29 PM
A lot of skepticism on the bg. Just like the pb then like Greg mentioned. On my pair, I've always had consistent fry...Pinoys (double dark and single D) , blue silver, platinum BSP, And BSP's ( both double dark and single D). Nothing surprising as Raiko told everyone what the genetics of BSP angels.

I've had 8 batches so far and consistent on all and Over a hundred babies each time. I'm not gonna bother to count fry. The guy from UK can do that if he wants to.

At this time, I had to separate my pair (BSP x Pinoy from Dale) and will attempt to breed out the pb.
Ive settled to using one of my female Koi. I figured the Koi will be okay bec this is what Raiko used when he started his project.

...nice to know that you're getting good spawns....sure they're consistent...the genes don't change.... :)....highlighted above is one of the big reasons that pb took so long...no one wanted to be bothered doing it......now here comes bg?....same thing...lotsa crossings, no records, and no clear way of phenotype naming possible except bsp.....how is anyone going to do a clear examination of a possible new gene without identifying what exactly is produced...??....there is no structure that will make the work ..work.....

..It's been over 5 years and nothing has progressed ..nada,,,think about it....only 3-4 here in the states with bg stock....if the big dogs thought there was something there...they'd be flooding the market and rolling in $$$'s.......and that's just not happening, is it?.....following the $$$'s can tell a story too.......

good luck... |^|
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 04, 2018, 06:09:28 PM
Quote from: Babers on October 04, 2018, 04:04:29 PM

...nice to know that you're getting good spawns....sure they're consistent...the genes don't change.... :)....highlighted above is one of the big reasons that pb took so long...no one wanted to be bothered doing it......now here comes bg?....same thing...lotsa crossings, no records, and no clear way of phenotype naming possible except bsp.....how is anyone going to do a clear examination of a possible new gene without identifying what exactly is produced...??....there is no structure that will make the work ..work.....

..It's been over 5 years and nothing has progressed ..nada,,,think about it....only 3-4 here in the states with bg stock....if the big dogs thought there was something there...they'd be flooding the market and rolling in $$$'s.......and that's just not happening, is it?.....following the $$$'s can tell a story too.......

good luck... |^|

"sure they're consistent...the genes don't change"

Exacty,they breed true,which is all that matters.

The only thing left to do now is name the genotypes.

We already have Bulgarian Seal Point (BSP) for a D/+-bg/bg fish.
Add a double dose of stripeless and call it Seal Point Blusher,or make up a name for it.

Call a +/+-bg/bg fish a Green Silver.
Add a single dose of stripeless call it a Green Silver Ghost,add a double dose of stripeless call it a Green Silver Blusher.

Sofia is the capital,yes I had to google it.  ;D
Name one after that.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

"sure they're consistent...the genes don't change"

Exacty,they breed true,which is all that matters.

breeds true to multi-phenotypes.....so...and.... huh....now what?

We already have Bulgarian Seal Point (BSP) for a D/+-bg/bg fish.
Add a double dose of stripeless and call it Seal Point Blusher,or make up a name for it.

..again "so" "and".....what do you call the rest ? huh

Call a +/+-bg/bg fish a Green Silver.
Add a single dose of stripeless call it a Green Silver Ghost,add a double dose of stripeless call it a Green Silver Blusher.

..oh...now you're going to toss out phenotype names  huh....got a list?....and how do you get to those angels...elimination crosses  huh......any idea what to expect....where do you start?...no one has done it.....

Jon

Mugwump

..the seal points carry pb/pb....is that bg hybrid?.....
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 04, 2018, 07:38:59 PM
..the seal points carry pb/pb....is that bg hybrid?.....

You're saying (IF)  a Seal Point had the  ADDITION of pb/pb,correct?
Paul Simon

ghonk

If they are double dose  PB and BG call them Aqua. 
Hey got any Aqua Seal Point Blushers for sale. ;D

Still need to figure out how to note the Albino Dantum  gene too.

(ad) maybe?
Paul Simon

ghonk

Paul Simon

Mugwump

...Ah....David's shipment...... :)....and?....made his $$$'s is all.....
Jon

Mugwump

..I saw your post on Angelfish Geeks looking for Nanacapuru......good luck..might be some out there... huh
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 05, 2018, 05:40:45 AM
..I saw your post on Angelfish Geeks looking for Nanacapuru......good luck..might be some out there... huh

About to give up on finding some,it's one of the few  that interest me now.
Tank raised wilds are another,they don't seem to be available much either.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 05, 2018, 06:04:48 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 05, 2018, 05:40:45 AM

About to give up on finding some,it's one of the few  that interest me now.
Tank raised wilds are another,they don't seem to be available much either.

Looks like Joel has them ?

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=7855.msg67622#msg67622
Jon