• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:55:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

ok...Thursday it is===>

Started by Mugwump, August 30, 2018, 09:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....nice and cool..sunny..light breezes...time for a couple errands....need furnace filters, milk, yada yada............

..what's everyone else up to....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Today is much better than yesterday.  Yesterday I felt like shit and spent the day sleeping or sitting on my ass.

My old lady wants me to visit.  She is so needy of company.  I find it annoying although I know that it's bad of me to feel that way.  Still, there has to be a reason that I am the only one who visits...She gave me clothes that are my style the last time I went there.  She has this huge closet full of clothes that she wants to give away.  Most are not my style but all are expensive clothes.  She says that she will move away and give me her "guard dog" in October.  I don't know why she thinks the dog will protect her locked in a pen, but she does.  Whether she moves and I get the dog in October or she decides to stay and not give me the dog in October I will be done with her.  She's not my type.  I much preferred my blatantly raciest old lady.  At least she was honest and straight forward.

end of rant....
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2018, 02:12:09 PM
Today is much better than yesterday.  Yesterday I felt like shit and spent the day sleeping or sitting on my ass.

My old lady wants me to visit.  She is so needy of company.  I find it annoying although I know that it's bad of me to feel that way.  Still, there has to be a reason that I am the only one who visits...She gave me clothes that are my style the last time I went there.  She has this huge closet full of clothes that she wants to give away.  Most are not my style but all are expensive clothes.  She says that she will move away and give me her "guard dog" in October.  I don't know why she thinks the dog will protect her locked in a pen, but she does.  Whether she moves and I get the dog in October or she decides to stay and not give me the dog in October I will be done with her.  She's not my type.  I much preferred my blatantly raciest old lady.  At least she was honest and straight forward.

end of rant....

..Liz....you're her ray of sunshine.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2018, 04:12:36 PM
I guess she's not that bad...
...she's probably not, but it's okay to rant and unload here with us |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2018, 04:12:36 PM
I guess she's not that bad...

..mentioning your little old lady brought back some good memories....

... :).......My brother, Jeff, and I passed a house on the way to school everyday. In the house lived a retired Judge and his wife Emma......this is in the very early 50's(49?)....weather permitting, they were on their big porch that surrounded most of the house.....as we'd pass by they would wave and say 'good morning'..or 'good afternoon' Bud & Jeff....in the afternoons we would sit on their steps and listen to the Judge and Emma, tell us tales of times past.....Jeff and I, would talk about our day in school.....
...I remember some of those tales still today. We both still have 'National Geographic' magazines that the Judge gave us....he showed us the maps that pulled out of them too.....and sometimes he would add his big globe to the setting......while elaborating on their early travels together......about this time either Mom/Dad, or both, would walk up and gently remind us of dinner time....LOL
...I wonder who really got the most from our spring/winter friendship?......
Jon

Mugwump

..a nice breeze and is getting a fll like cool out there now......pretty nice |^|
Jon