• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 11:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

I want to pull the trigger but I need a push

Started by LizStreithorst, August 14, 2018, 01:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I haven't slept outside for over two years.  The ground is no longer a good place for me to sleep.  Mug suggested a hammock a good while back and it's been on my mind all this time. 

I've found one that seems perfect it's costly, but it will protect me from the 'skeeters which were a problem before.  I've paced off the distance between my trees and there are a couple of places I could hang it.  I pay more than this for fish stuff without a second thought, but when it comes to myself, I'm stingy.

If you think that this is a good idea please give me a kick in the ass.  I yearn for the soothing sounds of the night and the smell of the night air.  https://www.amazon.com/HENNESSY-HAMMOCK-HH04-EXPEDITION-ZIP/DP/B004GYWO6E?TAG=HIKING-TEXT-TABLE-20
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 14, 2018, 01:33:34 PM
I haven't slept outside for over two years.  The ground is no longer a good place for me to sleep.  Mug suggested a hammock a good while back and it's been on my mind all this time. 

I've found one that seems perfect it's costly, but it will protect me from the 'skeeters which were a problem before.  I've paced off the distance between my trees and there are a couple of places I could hang it.  I pay more than this for fish stuff without a second thought, but when it comes to myself, I'm stingy.

If you think that this is a good idea please give me a kick in the ass.  I yearn for the soothing sounds of the night and the smell of the night air.  https://www.amazon.com/HENNESSY-HAMMOCK-HH04-EXPEDITION-ZIP/DP/B004GYWO6E?TAG=HIKING-TEXT-TABLE-20

....nice hammock..................."kick".... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I don't know if that would be better for your back than a flat mattress. But I say go for it.  Might just be the greatest thing since sliced bread.  You would only spend the money on more fish anyway.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Oh hell, why not?  It's about time I bought myself a real gift instead of just necessary things.  I just bought it.  I'll have it Thursday. 

From what I have read hammocks like this are good for folks with bad backs.  I guess i'll find out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I have always found hammocks very comfortable. .

Your body weight makes them pretty firm as they fit the contour of the  body.
|^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson