• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

Tuesday's thingy...

Started by Mugwump, May 29, 2018, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....errands done early.....now for some serious putz'n.... |^|

..What y'all have going today.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I got pulled in by the fuzz!!!!! ???   Well, not actually pulled in.  I was pulled over.

It was an Ellisville cop.  He was parked by the stop sign waiting for people who were too stupid to come to a complete stop.  I saw him and of course came to a complete stop.  Next thing I knew he was behind me and then the blue lights were on huh

He asked for my license and proof of insurance.  I had my license but my insurance card expired in 2017.  Then he said that the reason he pulled me over was because I didn't have the expiration sticker on the tag.  I had no idea so I went digging and could not find it wfwf  If I had been calm I'd have found it but I  was not calm.  After I got my dogs done and had calmed down I went through the stuff in the glove box and found it ::) 

I know what happened.  Chip named the Peamite.  He didn't know that I had a tag make that said Peamite.  When I got the tag in the mail I was so excited that I turned around and drove back to his shop in Ellisville, pulled the plate out and showed him.  He smiled so big.  It made me happy.  I when I put the tag on I totally forgot about the sticker.

Getting an up-to-date insurance card was a total delight.  I didn't have to sit with my phone by my ear until hell froze over.  I pushed a few buttons and got a nice lady on the phone.  I told her the story.  I told it in a stressed but funny way.  She said that this was not a problem, she'd just email me a card.  I thanked her for saving me. 

I still have to go to court :o.  At least I'll have proof that I really have everything that I'm supposed to have and get off scott free.  When the cop sits right by the stop sign he's not just waiting for you to roll through.  They are waiting for anything they see that's wrong.  He was just doing what he was supposed to do. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2018, 01:23:41 PM
I got pulled in by the fuzz!!!!! ???   Well, not actually pulled in.  I was pulled over.

It was an Ellisville cop.  He was parked by the stop sign waiting for people who were too stupid to come to a complete stop.  I saw him and of course came to a complete stop.  Next thing I knew he was behind me and then the blue lights were on huh

He asked for my license and proof of insurance.  I had my license but my insurance card expired in 2017.  Then he said that the reason he pulled me over was because I didn't have the expiration sticker on the tag.  I had no idea so I went digging and could not find it wfwf  If I had been calm I'd have found it but I  was not calm.  After I got my dogs done and had calmed down I went through the stuff in the glove box and found it ::) 

I know what happened.  Chip named the Peamite.  He didn't know that I had a tag make that said Peamite.  When I got the tag in the mail I was so excited that I turned around and drove back to his shop in Ellisville, pulled the plate out and showed him.  He smiled so big.  It made me happy.  I when I put the tag on I totally forgot about the sticker.

Getting an up-to-date insurance card was a total delight.  I didn't have to sit with my phone by my ear until hell froze over.  I pushed a few buttons and got a nice lady on the phone.  I told her the story.  I told it in a stressed but funny way.  She said that this was not a problem, she'd just email me a card.  I thanked her for saving me. 

I still have to go to court :o.  At least I'll have proof that I really have everything that I'm supposed to have and get off scott free.  When the cop sits right by the stop sign he's not just waiting for you to roll through.  They are waiting for anything they see that's wrong.  He was just doing what he was supposed to do.

...up here he'd have issued you a warning ticket....it's a minor thing, like a reminder....but if they saw the same things after a couple weeks and you were pulled over...'ticket time'....it's the end of the month, he was just filling his quota.... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

OOH now we have a big time criminal on the forum.

Up here they have computer terminals in their cars.  They would have checked with the DMV and found that you had the sticker and most likely would have let you off with a warning.  My insurance company sends out cards once a year, I pay every six months, so six months out of the year it is expired. The cops have never given me any trouble over it.

Seems like the guy who stopped you was having a bad day and took it out on you. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 29, 2018, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2018, 01:23:41 PM

...up here he'd have issued you a warning ticket....it's a minor thing, like a reminder....but if they saw the same things after a couple weeks and you were pulled over...'ticket time'....it's the end of the month, he was just filling his quota.... :D
....bummer, Liz...even though you have everything, you still have to take time to go to  court...What I did once was contacted the clerk of court by phone and told here the situation, and she told me to send photos of the stuff I had and they would let it go...and they did...not saying that's the same way your courts would handle it, but it's worth a call...don't you think?... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I was wrong.  I got slapped on the wrist.  It's not like they cuffed me and dragged me off to jail :P  I haven't been in traffic court in a million years.  It will be interested in seeing how it works these days.  Do you think the judge would be offended it I were to bring something to read in case he was slow getting to me?

Dale, I actually did feel somewhat like a hardened criminal when it was happening.  I feel like I'm guilty until proven innocent huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2018, 05:36:23 PM
I was wrong.  I got slapped on the wrist.  It's not like they cuffed me and dragged me off to jail :P  I haven't been in traffic court in a million years.  It will be interested in seeing how it works these days.  Do you think the judge would be offended it I were to bring something to read in case he was slow getting to me?

Dale, I actually did feel somewhat like a hardened criminal when it was happening.  I feel like I'm guilty until proven innocent huh

....sounds like 'Barney' was having a bad day  huh
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2018, 05:36:23 PM

Buy a couple donuts, hunt him down and give them to him and thank him for pointing out that the sticker wasn't on.  That and the unique car you drive and he will not forget you.  He will probably never bother you again no matter what. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BallAquatics

If you are really lucky, you won't get hit with a "court cost".  That's how it works around here.  Even if the judge waives all fines, you still get hit with "court cost".

Good luck Liz!

Dennis