• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:07:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

My Mugwump Angels

Started by PaulineMi, June 27, 2013, 03:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Here are some pictures of the Sta Isabel/Rio Negro youngsters from Jon.  They arrived today and were just released into the QT tank.  They're gorgeous, some of them have unbelievable anal fin streamers!

Thank you so much Jon.  The "surprise" part of the shipment is also much appreciated. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Nice pics, and yep, I knew that you'd notice the streamers,,,some even have the up turned mouth/snout.....Glad you liked the surprise too   ;D  Wait til you see them in the light when they turn.... ;D.....that part should get better as the mature more...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

The upturned snout.....like this:   ;)

The angels are in a low light tank while they get acclimated.  I see spots and "spangles" on the Manacapuru when the light hits them just right.  Such a nice group of angels.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

They are beautiful!  I have some Koi Angels from Mug.  They're the hungriest Angels I've ever owned.  They never get enough.  Oh yeah, they're good lookers, too.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

JR, Liz and Dennis......Jon did good, didn't he.   ;D

b125killer

They are stunning angels and good pics.
Scott

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Quote from: b125killer on June 28, 2013, 05:06:36 AM
They are stunning angels and good pics.

Thanks.   

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 27, 2013, 04:46:40 PM
They are beautiful!  I have some Koi Angels from Mug.  They're the hungriest Angels I've ever owned.  They never get enough.  Oh yeah, they're good lookers, too.

I now have to agree with you Liz.  Jon breeds "eager eaters"!  These guys go crazy when they see me and scarf down the food like they haven't been fed in ages.

They certainly make me smile. There's nothing quite like the wiggle dance juvenile angels do when they see us. 

Mugwump

I read this again today and blushed...thanks, folks.

How are they doing Pauline? Did you get anything from the pair yet?...mine took awhile to get going...
I'll bet the others aren't that little anymore.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Sorry for the delay in responding. My Dad passed away on Monday.....

The Manacapuru have spawned a couple of times, most recently yesterday on Barb's cone. The female is an aggressive, no nonsense protector of the eggs. My water is too hard for egg viability though. I have some photos I took of them spawning yesterday. I'll post a couple if they came out okay. The male is getting huge!

The Rio Negro/Sta Isabel youngsters are as big as the female Manacapuru now! Sometimes I can only tell who's who by checking their tail fins.  The Manacapuru have clear fins while the RN/SI's have black striped tail fins. They're all really nice angels.

Barb

Very sorry to hear about your dad passing Pauline.  I am glad you have tanks of lovely fish to occupy your mind and eyes and hands.  Take care,
Barb

PaulineMi

Thank you Barb.  Speaking of angels..of a different kind..hospice nurses are truly angels.

On to the spawning on one of your cones...the angels went up the side and over the top laying and fertilizing eggs. It was kind of funny watching them go over the top of the cone.  The male actually ending up upside down passing over those eggs.