• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

BSP x Pinoy

Started by Babers, March 28, 2018, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on May 11, 2018, 12:36:07 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2018, 12:28:07 PM
These are pb/pb too, right....

Yes

..if you had to do phenotype counts?....what would you count for.... huh....I ask because you're the first person to show result that I know of.....thank you
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Don't know if the size spawn I have is a good enough representation, but it's close to 80 babies...maybe a little more. This is just attempting to count each phenotype without netting the fish. So not accurate but close enough.

22- looks like blacklace (single dose dark)
12 - double dark
10 - platinums
13 - silver type with dark fins
25 - greenish body color with dark fins  huh

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on May 11, 2018, 01:50:26 PM
Don't know if the size spawn I have is a good enough representation, but it's close to 80 babies...maybe a little more. This is just attempting to count each phenotype without netting the fish. So not accurate but close enough.

22- looks like blacklace (single dose dark)
12 - double dark
10 - platinums
13 - silver type with dark fins
25 - greenish body color with dark fins  huh

...interesting...thanks...........might the "greenish body color with dark fins '...be the seal points?  huh...guess we'll see...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

i don't know which one is going to be the BSP. Dont know if the body color will change later on or if they will stay the same. Don't know if the stripes of the silver-looking ones will fade ( the male BSP parent has stripes but greenish and barely noticeable. It gets darker sometimes).

Maybe Raiko can help with this...I posted them in another forum...hopefully he'll chime in.

Joel

Babers

...or are the platinums going to be what he mentioned on this thread "The New Platimun"

http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/showpost.php?p=279000&postcount=248
Joel

waterboy

Good job Joel.  Pretty much the same as I am seeing in mine.  Some of your dark ones might be D/g Pinoys.  You have a bigger batch than I do though, I have about 20 that size and another batch smaller.  I have no sign of BSP in mine, I am really hoping they "turn" like a half black. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on May 11, 2018, 02:46:30 PM
...or are the platinums going to be what he mentioned on this thread "The New Platimun"

http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/showpost.php?p=279000&postcount=248

....he'll need another name for sure....Plat being g/g pb/pb......who knows what that may carry...plus it's more off white/dull compared to Plats....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 11, 2018, 02:50:43 PM
Good job Joel.  Pretty much the same as I am seeing in mine.  Some of your dark ones might be D/g Pinoys.  You have a bigger batch than I do though, I have about 20 that size and another batch smaller.  I have no sign of BSP in mine, I am really hoping they "turn" like a half black.

....any pics Dale ?
Jon

waterboy

No, I have a hard time getting decent pix with the crappy camera I have, but mine look pretty much the same as Joel's.

Here is what the calculator says they should be.

#    Genotypes       Phenotypes      %
1    g/+,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/+,+/+,pb/pb   Blue silver               12.5%
2    g/+,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/bg,+/+,pb/pb   Blue silver Bulgarian   12.5%
3    D/+,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/+,+/+,pb/pb   Black lace Pinoy           12.5%
4    D/+,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/bg,+/+,pb/pb   Bulgarian Seal Point   12.5%
5    D/g,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/+,+/+,pb/pb   Black hybrid Pinoy   12.5%
6    D/g,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/bg,+/+,pb/pb   Bulgarian Seal Point   12.5%
7    D/D,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/+,+/+,pb/pb   Double black pinoy   12.5%
8    D/D,+/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,bg/bg,+/+,pb/pb   Bulgarian Seal Point   12.5%

Although how one tells the difference between the single and double dose bg has yet to be determined. So far none look like Seal Points, but I am hoping they turn as they get older like half blacks do.  Some of mine certainly look like Platinums so I guess my female probably has a gold gene.  Will have to run the calculator again.
Dale

Babers

Dale...Which calculator did you use that has a Bulgarian gene incorporated to it.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on May 11, 2018, 03:11:30 PM

Dale...Which calculator did you use that has a Bulgarian gene incorporated to it.

..likely 'Angelfins'... huh
Jon

Babers

Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2018, 03:22:07 PM

..likely 'Angelfins'... huh

Angelfins doesnt have it. Paul's calculator doesn't have it also. Is there another calculator?
Joel

waterboy

I used Angelfins but it doesn't have the Bulgarian green incorporated.  I plugged in pearlscale because I don't have any and then changed any p/p or+/p output to bg/bg or +/bg. Should be reasonably accurate with what little is known about the bg gene.  Almost any recessive gene should work reasonably well.
Dale

ghonk

Anyone have b/g fish without p/b.
OR plans to breed the p/b out of SOME of their stock.

I was disapointed when Raiko shipped no straight b/g's,as far as i know.
It's cool that some fish have both,but i personally would have rather  added p/b myself,once i tried to figure out what they were geneticly without it.

Seems like it would be MUCH  harder now trying to decipher the alphabet soup.   
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon