• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:08:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296

BSP x Pinoy

Started by Babers, March 28, 2018, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 31, 2018, 10:27:01 AM
The box recommends a dose of 1 tab per 10 gallons.  Through experimentation I found that half a tab per gallon keeps the fungus off the eggs and it does not seem to affect the wigglers if you leave it in there.

..... |^|...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

This will be good to know if I ever decide to join the dark side and raise babies without their parents.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 31, 2018, 04:08:58 PM
This will be good to know if I ever decide to join the dark side and raise babies without their parents.

Hey, come on over to the dark side. It is as much fun (if not more) as watching them raise their own.  I have only had two pairs that ever raised their own.  If I waited for mine to parent raise, I wouldn't have any around to watch or to sell at swaps.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

ghonk

I have never had a pair parent raise,although I didn't give them a bunch of times to try to get it right either.
But every time they ate the eggs,except for a couple times when they ate the fry AS they hatched.
If i  WANT  the batch i'm pulling it, no screwing around.

Many of my spawns were albinos or albino mixed,so i had to pull them,even if they would parent raise the albino fry wouldn't have been able  to feed properly in that large of a tank. 
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Babers

I've got 2 pairs that spawned last night. I left the eggs with them and they're still fanning this morning. We'll see how they do.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on April 01, 2018, 11:27:11 AM
I've got 2 pairs that spawned last night. I left the eggs with them and they're still fanning this morning. We'll see how they do.

.....cool beans..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Not successful. One of the pairs ate the eggs sometime the next day, the other one ate them on day 2. I don't think they will parent-raise, Multiple tries for one of them.  Back to pulling eggs😃
Joel

Babers

Spawn #2 of the Male BSP (D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg) x Female Pinoy (D/+ or D/g - pb/pb - +/bg)  Not sure on the female if has gold or not.Small hatch rate. We'll see what happens this time.

My first batch didn't make it to freeswimming. The big question is will they make it this time?  huh

Fingers crossed
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on April 17, 2018, 08:16:33 PM
Spawn #2 of the Male BSP (D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg) x Female Pinoy (D/+ or D/g - pb/pb - +/bg)  Not sure on the female if has gold or not.Small hatch rate. We'll see what happens this time.

My first batch didn't make it to freeswimming. The big question is will they make it this time?  huh

Fingers crossed

...good luck  |^|
Jon

ghonk

Hey Joel,did you get my PM?
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Babers

Freeswimming yesterday....first feeding... I can see 2 different shades of fry. Dark and Lighter ones. 50% of these guys will be BSP, and 50% will carry the bg.
Joel

waterboy

Congratulations!  They look bigger than 1 day free swimming.  Guess you have a good healthy pair. Is this from the (D/g-pb/pb/-bg/bg) BSP and the (D/+-pb/pb-bg/+) Black Lace Pinoy?  I would really be interested in the fry counts when they get bigger.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Babers

Thanks Dale. Yes, this is from the female black lace Pinoy with bg and male bsp. I'll keep record on the phenotypes I get.

The Pair spawned 4/14. Fry went freeswimming 4/20. A day ahead before I was expecting them to go freeswimming. Most of them are Eating good so far.

We'll see...
Joel

Mugwump

Congrat's .....I'm interested in the counts, and how you identify them.....
Jon

Babers

It's gonna be exciting and at the same time I know it will be challenging...
Joel