• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:07:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

New Dept. head at Ball Aquatics

Started by BallAquatics, June 16, 2013, 10:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

We have appointed a new head of the culling department at Ball Aquatics.....

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwusnative1371432771

With a bit of luck, his first day on the job will be this Thursday.

Dennis

b125killer

Nice Gar, He should do a great job as the head of culling.
Scott

BallAquatics

Quote from: b125killer on June 16, 2013, 10:26:39 PM
Nice Gar, He should do a great job as the head of culling.

That's what I'm thinking too!  I used to keep a Jack Dempsey for culls, but thought I'd go for something a bit different this time.

Dennis

Mugwump

Ah, a born assassin......LOL...he'll grow fast too, with all the 'food'.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

From tiny danios to monster fish keeper.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

greydragon

my head of the culling department is some chocolate cichlids

BallAquatics

Well he was a day late getting here and after a bit of a shaky start, I think he's going to do just fine.

He is less than 3 inches long so the photos are a bit deceiving.  I have found it very entertaining to watch as he stalks 1/2" mosquito larvae.  He glides through the water as if by magic..... silent, but deadly.  A very cool fish.

I had originally planned to put him in a 75 gallon tank, but then thought it would be best to watch over him a little closer for the first week or two.  He's in a quiet 10 gallon with some guppy grass and about 3 dozen mosquito larvae, (probably only 2 dozen now!).

I'll try to get some better photos.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Pretty sweet......a predator for sure
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott