• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 04:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

Getting ready for summer foods

Started by LizStreithorst, February 28, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'd been thinking about making a 'tater salad when this recipe for egg salad showed up in my in box.  Have you ever read such a pompous recipe in your life?  Have you ever seen such perfectly constructed pics of food?  Shit we're talking eggs salad here, not making a work of art ::)

It did give me the idea to substitute some of my homemade creme fraiche for my usual Hellman's.  I always do the copped anchovy thing.  I still haven'd decided if I want egg salad or potato salad.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

mustard potato salad or mayo potato salad, or hot German potatoes salad, or Vinaigrette stle potato salad... huh huh huh huh huh huh huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not hot.  I use mayo and a touch of German mustard.  I always add some hard boiled eggs and finely chopped celery.  I'll put in  some creme fraiche this time to see if it makes a difference.  I've made it with pickles but only Dill.  I don't like sweet pickles in my 'tater salad.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2018, 06:08:17 PM
Not hot.  I use mayo and a touch of German mustard.  I always add some hard boiled eggs and finely chopped celery.  I'll put in  some creme fraiche this time to see if it makes a difference.  I've made it with pickles but only Dill.  I don't like sweet pickles in my 'tater salad.

...what?....no onions?...olives?..green/black....w/pimentos  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

onions yes.  I forgot.  The other stuff no.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Liz did you mean to include a link to the pompous recipe? I like tater salad.
Dan

LizStreithorst

wallace

And below the recipe is a reader's comment:

"... is WAY too fussy and time consuming. Homemade mayo!? Really?? For egg salad!?! So, you'd make this egg salad exactly ONE time just to say you did ... I guess. It's egg salad for heaven's sake!..."

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on March 01, 2018, 11:51:13 AM
And below the recipe is a reader's comment:

"... is WAY too fussy and time consuming. Homemade mayo!? Really?? For egg salad!?! So, you'd make this egg salad exactly ONE time just to say you did ... I guess. It's egg salad for heaven's sake!..."

LOLOLOL.....
Jon