• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 319
Total: 320

They Like Barb's Cone

Started by PaulineMi, June 15, 2013, 06:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Penang Eruption has a new girlfriend...the Checkerboard Pigeon. 

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Fantastic !!!!!!!......LOL..I put one of Barb's cones in with the F1 Manacapuru pair...let's hope they like it too.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Oh what a great sight Pauline!  Let us know if they turn into wrigglers.   You may have to become a discus fry raiser, surprised?  Good luck with your cones too Mug.  Let us know if they work.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Congrats!  You'll have fry for sale before I do!
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

You know your fish are happy when they reward you with fry.  Great job Pauline!

Dennis

Barb

Pauline, you need to pull the lip of the cone out of the sand and just sit the cone on top of the sand, lip and all.  The lip is important, it will catch the falling fry as they hatch and the parents can see and care for them.  Otherwise the fry will drop onto the white sand, never to be seen again.
Barb

PaulineMi

Thanks for the info Barb. I doubt the eggs will hatch as I have very high TDS and I'm not planning on raising discus anyway. I just like looking at and fussing over them.   ;D

What I find interesting is they're in a tank with eight other discus, spawning under the three HMF jet lifter output pipes and the water return from the sump. There's quite a bit of water movement in that area of the tank but they don't mind.

Dennis, Liz and Jon...thanks.  Liz I'm glad you gave me the kick in the behind that I needed to actually get these fish.  I've learned to get my "discus zen" on when around them. ;)  Ha, discus as teachers.  Lol.  I think to own them is to understand that.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

So how's the spawn doing?.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

All gone....  I think they had eggs for breakfast. 

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 18, 2013, 05:46:11 PM
All gone....  I think they had eggs for breakfast.

oh nooooooooooo.......next time  ;D
Jon