• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:01:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 293
Total: 296

Thursday morn'n coffee..

Started by Mugwump, November 16, 2017, 05:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee is very good this morning......cold out, and headed for maybe 40degs... huh

....just putz'n in the fish room today....some water changes yada yada.....other than running the trash out to the curb...that's it..

...more coffee...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2.....vroomm   vroooooooooM....LOL.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great this morning. The overnight rain has passed so we are now clearing out with temps going up to 60. Water changes and a fish delivery today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...a brisk 64 right now an a future of 84 today...clear skies...

...planning to spend a lot of time rinsing the Saf-T-Sorb for my substrate today...I've been using that stuff for 5 years now...it's about 6$ or 7$ for a 40lb bag at Tractor Supply...I have 2 bags of it to go thru and it's really dusty...my friend that i got the 125 from is going to use it in his 600g tank he just bought...I encouraged him to try it, and I hope he doesn't hate me after he's rinsed it all...I warned him...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 16, 2017, 09:32:03 AM

...planning to spend a lot of time rinsing the Saf-T-Sorb for my substrate today...I've been using that stuff for 5 years now...it's about 6$ or 7$ for a 40lb bag at Tractor Supply...I have 2 bags of it to go thru and it's really dusty...my friend that i got the 125 from is going to use it in his 600g tank he just bought...I encouraged him to try it, and I hope he doesn't hate me after he's rinsed it all...I warned him...!

....how do you rinse yours?...toss it in a wash tub and plop the hose in...?
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 16, 2017, 09:42:27 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 16, 2017, 09:32:03 AM

....how do you rinse yours?...toss it in a wash tub and plop the hose in...?
...I like to start with a colander full held over a 5g bucket and run the water over it with a hose as I swirl the stuff with my hand...then dump it into another 5g bucket for further multiple rinsings....it will never come pristine clear, but most will settle out in the tank or get picked up by the filter... I feel that it's still good nutrient of some sort for the plant roots and will eventually sift it's way to the bottom substrate stratum...I see it happen this way in all my other tanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron