• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 333
Total: 333

info files

Started by BillT, May 31, 2013, 02:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

I found a site that has links to a huge number of University of Florida and Southern Regional Aquaculture Center publications on various things aquatic:

http://tal.ifas.ufl.edu/publications.htm#Induced_Spawning

PaulineMi

There's a nice little guide to gold fish care for kids publication included.  It would be informative for many parents also.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Thanx, Bill...interesting link there...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Fantastic link Bill!  I became acquainted with the UF/IFAS Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences by listening to Dr. Roy Yanong on Aquariumania.

http://www.petliferadio.com/roy_yanong.html

This was one of Ron's favorite sites when he wanted to beat me over the head with using salt in aquariums.  UF/IFAS pushes salt as an alternative to other chemicals in aquaculture.  Many of these aquaculture facilities use chemicals not suitable for fish that are being raised for human consumption.  Salt poses no danger in this area.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Salt ????..what is this thing called salt?..... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

:) :) :D :D ;D ;D :( :( >:( >:(

It is a magical substance that has a very soothing effect on many hobbyists, while at the same time being a very aggressive irratant to other hobbyists and their fishy friends.  LOL

Dennis

b125killer

Oh no! not the great salt debate :o LOL
Scott

BillT

I think one of the benefits of salt is that it is cheep and aquaculture often involves huge volumes of water.

It is useful for several things.

I don't remember which side of what salt argument various people were on, but I like Dennis's description of it. .

ilroost

not even going to get in this discussion!!!

PaulineMi

Bill....the Goldfish guide came in handy today.  A member of a local fish forum I belong to just posted about helping a neighbor boy with his new goldfish tank.  I sent him a link to the guide.  Thanks for sharing.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

You are quite welcome Pauline.

Jdmcfast

Not the salt discussion again lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on June 03, 2013, 06:54:12 AM
Not the salt discussion again lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sheesh, I hope not too....last time it got goofy....
Jon