• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 237
Total: 237

My Discus from John

Started by LizStreithorst, May 19, 2013, 10:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The deeper red ones are females.  The brown ones are males
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Dang!!..those are nice Liz.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Nice Liz!  Do they eat cottage cheese ;D?  What's in there?
Barb

LizStreithorst

lol, I figured someone would notice that.  I keep fish food in those containers.

PaulineMi

I thought they were in the tank.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

I've tried some weird experiments, but I haven't tried cottage cheese in a Discus tank yet

b125killer

Nice score Liz, They are pretty. I was also wondering if the containers where in the tank or not. 
Scott

GeorgeG

So you can determine the sex by color now or are these bigger than I think they are.

LizStreithorst

Just with Reds.  The brown reds are easiest of all.  Females are vibrant, males are dull brown.

ilroost

GeorgeG

How big our these Liz, I may want to try this with my Red Cover fry before selling them off and see if what you say is true. I move them from the parents this weekend

LizStreithorst

PaulineMi

Liz is this "John"....aka Snookums?