• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:37:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

A trip to the emergency vet.

Started by LizStreithorst, September 04, 2017, 03:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Yes.  BTW she is awake now but calm.  She's resting comfortably.

You're right we both need the rest.  She has to rest before I can.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

The Continuing Saga of the Non Life Changing Injury
Dog did great yesterday.  I finally ate enough to keep me alive.  I anticipated the best when I should not have.  I gave her the sleep causing pain med.  I thought that I could cut her down to one a day.  That was a mistake...

She went crazy in the car on the way to work.  She was in the back, in the front on the floor and gave out yelps of pain.  She was shaking her head.  When we got to the shop I took off the e-collar.  She had inflamed but not broken skin behind each ear.  I adjusted the collar so it would sit a little lower.  I had it like way before but she found a way to defeat it.

The leg injury is doing great.  It no longer drives her crazy itching.  Sutures will come out Monday and the e-collars will come off.  It will be such a joy to have her back to her normal demanding self. 

LizStreithorst

page 5.

I hate to keep the poor dog drugged out but I have no choice.  I need two doses of Tramadol daily to keep her doing well.  She doesn't go crazy and drive me crazy consistently.   She has her up and about happy being a dog times a couple of times a day.  Mostly she sleeps because she's drugged up.  If she is to heal and I am to keep my sanity she'll have to spend most of her time in lala land.  It's a shame but it's the best choice for both of us.