• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 09:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 118
Total: 119

Breeding

Started by Mugwump, May 13, 2013, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Ok gang, what's in the works for your breeding projects??.....

Here...going to grab a pair of the 'HE's and see what pops...
Pull some more Koi spawns...
Pull a spawn from the mystery Turq's...
snag the next F1 Manacapuru spawn...
concentrate on getting the Green Dragon and LF Albino blue eyed grown enough to get some action going
Pare down the LF cory pod to get some fry from there..isolate the Melini and Matae to see if they'll produce...??
and whatever strikes our fancy, and/or pops up.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Only thing going on with me is a little project with my Angels.  I think that I can achieve my goal even though my understanding of Angel genetics is extremely limited.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I'm taking advantage of other breeders' efforts.  8)

When my foot is functional againit will be:

-Celestial Pearl Danios from Dennis
-Sta Isabel/Rio Negro Scalare from Jon
-German Blue Rams from a Simply Discus person who lives only 45 minutes north of me
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Right now jag fry growing out
Tanzanian black acei's growing out
Christmas fulu's growing out, and of course convict fry

Frank The Plumber

List of projects:

Perform trials crosses on half black expressing Pb/- A/- pairs. Try to keep from peeing if the fish are actually black and blue.

Perform crosses on Hb/+ Pb/-  x  D/- S/- Hb/- pair.

Trials on three pairs of partial expressers Hb/+ S/- A/- V/+  (HE's) to determine how this hybrid will split out. We see at this point on 2 week old fry, albino, blush, and Pb present. I hope for 70 phenotypes from these.
Expect Hb cobalt, Hb paraiba, Hb albinos and more.

Line set my Blue glitter veil line.
Cross my hybrid chocolate blue pearl line to see what will focus.
Trait set and focus breed my Pb/+ Silvers to create my Nastro Azuro line. I want them to cause retinal trauma.
Continue to try to raise out my albino blush pearl veil fry.
Continue my Dark Lines, black velvet red eyed veils.
Hybrid cross and set my Single dose pinoy streak line.

Trying to breed my Melanotaenia Fredericki Harlequin rainbows, have 6 fry need 20 for a certified spawning.
Breed my orange lasers and my habrosis corys.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

wiggs

Frank, Black velvet red eyed veils ?  We have to talk!! I`m really, really, interested. Don`t know what I can trade you for some, maybe a cake? maybe something that I can make you, a blanket? Yes, I do crafts. As you can see, I really would like some of those blacks.  ;D ;D 
Jan

Barb

I don't do any angel or discus breeding, just enjoy them as pets.  But I do have a ton of Endlers and am putting a bunch outside for the summer, in a small pond, to see what colors I end up with in early Oct. when I will have to bring them back in.  That is, unless snakes and frogs eat them all out there.
Barb

BallAquatics

I'd like to spend some time working with Devario pathirana, Devario xyrops, and Devario devario.  I have not spawned these in the past. 

As for Danios, I need to replenish my stock of Danio margaritatus, Danio tinwini, Danio kerri, Danio choprae, and Danio kyathit, (the striped morph).

I would like to acquire a group of Danio kyathit, (the spotted morph), to start working with.  Also as the plecos mature, it will be interesting to work with the L046, L183, and L201.

I am very tempted to clear out one of the 75's and talk to Jon about some of his wild Angel fry.  Not quite sure yet though as I spent 30 years keeping cichlids and not sure if I'm ready to venture back just yet.....

Dennis

b125killer

I'm working with the St Isabel/Rio Negro There on there second spawn that went to wigglers today. I also have the Fry That are a little over three weeks old. I haven't killed any off since the move to the new tank. I got a few pairs of angels waiting for there new tanks. I have a koi and sunset that need there own tank. and pair of chocolate blue ready for a new tank. I also I might have a pair of blue marbles. Just not to sure yet. I'm not as good at sexing angles as Jon is. If I'm wrong about the marbles I'm going to pair one of them up with a Het PB KOI.   
I'm also still working with the rams. I have seen them spawn a couple of times. They haven't done anything for a while. I'm still waiting for the L201s I think the females are still a little young. But he does seem to have one of them hanging around his cave. I also have BN fry that are almost ready to find a new home. when I get the tank space I'm going to split up mom and dad pleco and give them new partners. the F1s have been ready for a while now. and The Black Moscow and Japanese Blue guppies are pregnant.   
Scott