• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 04:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,324
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 137
Total: 138

Turq's

Started by Mugwump, May 15, 2013, 06:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like I'll have separate the 75 pair sooner than I thought....spawned again and the females going 'flat' on the others...they're all hiding behind a slate and plant at the other end...Males no slouch either, but not that aggressive....zounds....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Ok, they took them to wigglers, protecting with an obsession....now they've moved them off the slate to the glass in a corner above it....and tonite we have pop corn going on....all the while defending their end of the tank with a vengance that I haven't seen since I had a pair that I refer to as 'The Legend'.....a female gold ghost and a Silver ghost with a gold....'The Legend' produced the most beautiful Sunset veils that I have ever seen...their genes are still in some of my Koi lines....I'm flbberghasted and awed....I have to get em moved, but I can't stop watching either....
This is angelfish keeping at it's best....I'm blessed...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Instant update...it took two of us, but we moved everyone else but the love birds... ;D....easier to move them, and fry, later...and no chance of casualties now... ;D
Jon

b125killer

That's cool. I need to learn the art of moving fry. I didn't do to bad for the first time moving them but i had two casualties.
Scott

Mugwump

A siphon works good...turket baster on smaller fry...or lower the water level down to about an inch, then pour thru a net, rinsing the little tank as you go, with a baster...
Jon

b125killer

I lowerd the water level and used a shrimp net. They fry got stuck in the net. I think I might if squashed the two. I tried to use the siphon but they were spooked before i started using it. I found out they are quick when they want to bey.   
Scott

Mugwump

It'll get easier with doing it more.....patience and TLC.... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Well they're free swimming...hard to tell how many tho...maybe 25-30....more???...they being dark doesn't help with parents keeping them in the upper back corner....LOL
Jon

Mugwump

hard to see...but they're there with pretty mama

Jon

Mugwump

So I tossed a few Turq's/PB Zebra/and DD blacks in the 60 breeder temporarily...that fast....the PB Zebra female hooks up with an Albino male and spawns...meanwhile on the other end of the 60...two more Turq's spawned.....WTF is going on here....LOL....love it...

I should add that the 'idiots' have spawned on the back of the slate again....with the Turq spawn on the front......oh brother..... ;D
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Nice, you only have to pull one slate, a two fer.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on May 23, 2013, 08:16:37 PM
Nice, you only have to pull one slate, a two fer.

LOL...never even considered it...but ya know....MMMmmm...I just might.... ;D
Jon

Frank The Plumber

My veils have produced expressing half black turqs. Expressing half black black velvets and expressing half black black ghosts. Very neat little fish with a dark spot on the tail and cherry red gills. Mine are the veil alphas from the same batch that your turqs are from. To make it even all the more interesting I used a streaked male D/g to donate the dark and the fins for this project. Streaked is a scaffold for the presentation of the guanine layer colors of indigo and bronze to show up on. I'm really very stoked about what some of these will grow out to become. You should have all of the same colorations but I think you have standards Jon. Hoping you have Hb's as well.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Well, the pair managed to raise about 15-20 fry in the 75 gal....when the fry get a little bigger, I'll move em and then give the parents their own 30 gal tank....having not to defend against 6 adult angels should calm them down into raising a decent batch.....but W.I.T.H. am I going to do with the pairs in the 60 breeder??...looks like I set up those new 20's from Petsmart that I've been saving.....
Jon

Mugwump

I'll never get em out of there.... ;D..they just spawned again....I may have to just turn the lights off ......LOL....but, on the good side, perhaps they'll raise a bigger representative spawn, so I can see what they will produce.....A lace half black intrigues me for some reason.. ;D
Jon