• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

the gray cat....

Started by Mugwump, July 28, 2017, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...while setting up for the garage sale..I remembered a box at the back of the garage, so I went back and moved a few things and reached to get it...looked in a in and a gray cat looked at me then tore out of the garage.....LOL...startled the bee jabbers out of me.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Was it a pregnant female?  If so, feed it and care for it.  If not, run it off.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

What are bee jabbers?  I think I used to have one...but I don't remember what it looked like... 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 28, 2017, 09:19:47 PM
Was it a pregnant female?  If so, feed it and care for it.  If not, run it off.

We never run 'em off....if they need a safe haven for a spell.....they can hunker here.....period.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

We have several that hang around because Karen puts food out on the patio for them.  The males grow up and wander off to find their own territory and the females hang around and have babies.  They generally only last about two years and then disappear. I think cars or coyotes get usually get them.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wallace

Quote from: waterboy on July 29, 2017, 09:52:01 AM
We have several that hang around because Karen puts food out on the patio for them.  The males grow up and wander off to find their own territory and the females hang around and have babies.  They generally only last about two years and then disappear. I think cars or coyotes get usually get them.

Same here. The latest one to show up turned into a great mouser. He lives in the chicken barn and considers himself the keeper of the birds. If a cat wanders too far into an open field here they can get caught by a coyote or bobcat before being able to reach cover.
Dan

Mugwump

I've been leaving food and fresh water out for 'her' every night....added some fluffed old pieces of blanket in the box she's been using to sleep on too.....she's eating the food and has been using the box.... |^|....now we'll see how long it takes her to trust us..... 8)
Jon

Mugwump

....I just put more food out for her for to eat later on....and sprinkled some cat nip in her sleeping box  8).....Zoey will like that... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..yup, I can see she's been sleeping on the 'bedding' that I put in there...........and still scarfing down the food too..... |^|
Jon

wiggs

"Zoey?"  You named it?  Oh Boy, now I know it isn`t going anywhere. wfwf
Jan

Mugwump

Quote from: wiggs on August 01, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
"Zoey?"  You named it?  Oh Boy, now I know it isn't going anywhere. wfwf

..... ;D......but she's a pretty thing.......
Jon

waterboy

Let her see you put the food down if you can.  If she sees you are the source of the food she wont run as far and before you know it she will come running when you go out with the food. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 01, 2017, 01:50:05 PM
Let her see you put the food down if you can.  If she sees you are the source of the food she wont run as far and before you know it she will come running when you go out with the food.

...trying to do that....but she's still a bit skittish......soon, I think tho...... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Feed her in a carrier so you can take her to the vet to be spayed and health checked.  If that doesn't work buy a haveaheart trap.  The world has no need of more kittens and cats and there are many bad cat viruses around.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 01, 2017, 02:59:01 PM
Feed her in a carrier so you can take her to the vet to be spayed and health checked.  If that doesn't work buy a haveaheart trap.  The world has no need of more kittens and cats and there are many bad cat viruses around.

She'll be fine......
Jon