• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 09:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

I need to know from the experts

Started by LizStreithorst, July 28, 2017, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

I don't know enough about genetics to know if its worth it. I would send you my male HBs but I don't think they have the shape you are looking for. They don't have that altum-like sloped forehead.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Thanks for your kindness, Dan.  Are these the ones that came from me or the ones with the big bellies?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

These are from angelsplus, that had the bulging bellies, but that seems to have faded. They have amazing size though. I'm either going to find a couple of females, or find them a new home. I might just focus on trying to breed wild discus and wild rams... not sure. I need something challenging on a small scale.

Dan

LizStreithorst

That's very kind of you, Dan but I need younger fish.

LizStreithorst

A miracle just happened.  I was talking to Barb on the phone yesterday evening and she was bitching about the Angels she got from me as little nickles a long time ago.  She was consolidating tanks and put the fish she got from me who are big in with her skittish Discus and the Discus ran and hid ::)  Among the ones I sent her she has a half black pair that spawns every week.  Barb does not ship anything but endlers.  Her first experience shipping Angels ended in disaster and she swore off.

I called her back this afternoon and asked, "If I grovel at your feet until one of us up and dies will you send me the pair?"  We worked it out.  I have the right size insulated box. She does not.  I have 3 mil bags galore.  She doesn't have those.  I have wonderful cellulose insulation that I learned about from Lotsoffish on aquabid who is a very smart guy.  All I need to do is send her all the stuff, pay overnight shipping because Barb is afraid of two day, and I get the pair otherwise free of charge. 

Tony44

Start now not a lot of people paying attention to fish now all the keepers are just maintaining for the summer all the new bees are out partying you can most likely get the best price now no demand when it starts cooling down a lot of people start looking at their tanks. Plus you know we are all cheap and rather not use our own money to buy thing for fish room I like to use I call it fish money to buy stuff for fish also ask about fry might give you a good deal on a bunch of .25 to .50 also might not be as afraid to ship smaller different
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2017, 04:49:44 PM
A miracle just happened.  I was talking to Barb on the phone yesterday evening and she was bitching about the Angels she got from me as little nickles a long time ago.  She was consolidating tanks and put the fish she got from me who are big in with her skittish Discus and the Discus ran and hid ::)  Among the ones I sent her she has a half black pair that spawns every week.  Barb does not ship anything but endlers.  Her first experience shipping Angels ended in disaster and she swore off.

I called her back this afternoon and asked, "If I grovel at your feet until one of us up and dies will you send me the pair?"  We worked it out.  I have the right size insulated box. She does not.  I have 3 mil bags galore.  She doesn't have those.  I have wonderful cellulose insulation that I learned about from Lotsoffish on aquabid who is a very smart guy.  All I need to do is send her all the stuff, pay overnight shipping because Barb is afraid of two day, and I get the pair otherwise free of charge.

Well there ya go.  |^| You can have fry in no time. Shipping isn't clear across the continent... isn't she in NC?

Dan

LizStreithorst

The hard part is that I know very well not every offspring from a half black spawn turns but you make a good point.  I'm gonna wait until this guys auction runs it's course with nobody buying before I negotiation with the guy.  It will put me in a stronger position that way.  I want the fish but his price with shipping is outrageous.  I want the fish but I will bide my time.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes, Dan,  She's in NC and I'm in Mississippi.  It should be a piece of cake to get them here alive but you never know...Shipping is stressful as hell.  Things turn bad with the most important fish.   Barb is spooked because her first experience  shipping Angels was to me and it ended in disaster.  The fact that she's even willing to give it a try again  makes me realize what a good friend she is.

Rjb3

Tony44

Good for you Liz hope they arrive safe and healthy good luck and way to go barb to give those fish to a good fish keeper.something good is going to happen in your tanks for that
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Thanks for the good thoughts, Tony.

Barb

Glad to be of help Liz,  now if I can just pack them well enough and the position of the sun, moon, and stars are all good, and I say a special word or two to mother nature, they will arrive fine.  I will even starve them for 2 days first.  Liz didn't tell you the rest of the story of these angels.  Last week I put all 4 of my Liz fish. all less than 2 yrs old by the way, in with my full grown Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.  The 5 fish are friends and get along beautifully, my EBJD is 10" and I raised him from a 1" $50 baby from a lfs.  That is the rest of the story...
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'll send the box and all the shipping stuff off to you tomorrow, Barb.  I know how much you dread shipping.  I dread it, too.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart.  You are a good friend.