• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

I've got the Blues now...and it has nothing to do with the weather!

Started by Ron Sower, June 29, 2017, 12:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Last week I purchased these sweeties from the LFS in Tucson i like to inhabit once in a while...Their bodies were slightly larger than silver dollars when I picked them up and they are about 25% larger already!...

They weren't sold as a pair, but the one seems to be bulging in the belly and the other is slim and trim...That means thta if they do end up spawning in my community tank, it will wreak havoc on the calm, peaceful nature of it...oh well...nature happens!...

So, folks, what do I have here...these are the best photos so far that I can get with my phone camera...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Blue Silvers.  Very nice.  I took a couple of adult blue silver pearl scales to my LFS today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....nice....I'm betting that they're 'juvies'.......likely no spawning for a spell yet.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I hope you're right Mugs and they don't spawn now...I'm just getting this tank closer to the way I want it....That will happen when I feel it's the right look and combination of plants and fish...whatever that means :D :D :D :D :D

...besides...I have no way of raising the fry at all...I just think angels are beautifully graceful....always have....

Thanks Liz...the store guy told me they were Pinoy Blue Stripes...does any of that make sense...?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 29, 2017, 12:16:39 PM
I hope you're right Mugs and they don't spawn now...I'm just getting this tank closer to the way I want it....That will happen when I feel it's the right look and combination of plants and fish...whatever that means :D :D :D :D :D

...besides...I have no way of raising the fry at all...I just think angels are beautifully graceful....always have....

Thanks Liz...the store guy told me they were Pinoy Blue Stripes...does any of that make sense...?

Pinoy indicates a 'dark' gene(s) present in Philippine blue angels.......I'm not seeing it in these, unless you used a flash that washed it out....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

...you know that George Garcia is up in Phoenix...right?.....and he has excellent stock...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 29, 2017, 12:26:12 PM
...you know that George Garcia is up in Phoenix...right?.....and he has excellent stock...
No flash in that photo...

I wish I'd know that he had them!!!....I met him at the ARK meeting in May...nice guy.. I hope he's there for the next one...

Hey, George....are you going to be there?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Yes Blue Silvers.  Nice looking ones too.  I don't see any Pinoy either.  If they are a pair, they will spawn when you really don't want them to.  Not to worry, in a community tank there is very little chance of young one surviving.  They might force everyone else to one side of the tank when they get around to it.  That's one way I tell new pairs, two angels on one end of the tank and all the rest on the other end.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: waterboy on June 29, 2017, 04:29:59 PM
Yes Blue Silvers.  Nice looking ones too.  I don't see any Pinoy either.  If they are a pair, they will spawn when you really don't want them to.  Not to worry, in a community tank there is very little chance of young one surviving.  They might force everyone else to one side of the tank when they get around to it.  That's one way I tell new pairs, two angels on one end of the tank and all the rest on the other end.

Don't you love it when you see that?  Sometimes the pair keeps all the other fish keeps all the other fish huddling in a corner.  I think it's the coolest thing. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 29, 2017, 04:29:59 PM

...LOL....yup a sure sign......from your pic ....you may have two females tho..... huh...but time will tell
Jon

Ron Sower

Keeping all the other fish at the other side of the tank is exactly what I meant by "...it will wreak havoc on the calm, peaceful nature of it..."!  :D :D
...whadayagonnado?    huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 29, 2017, 05:47:06 PM
Keeping all the other fish at the other side of the tank is exactly what I meant by "...it will wreak havoc on the calm, peaceful nature of it..."!  :D :D

...enjoy...........it's nature's way  8)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 29, 2017, 06:01:20 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 29, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

...enjoy...........it's nature's way  8)
...will do that... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron