• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 370
Total: 370

Thurday coffee yak'n

Started by Mugwump, June 29, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on June 29, 2017, 02:34:49 PM
No. 2 son stopped by so I got him to help me bleed the brakes. I wasn't having much luck doing it myself.

....yup, ya need really long legs to do it yourself .... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Quote from: wallace on June 29, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
There is dry grass everywhere else.

I was stationed at El Toro airbase in Orange county and was amazed at the fact that by late April all the grass was dead and dormant.  No wonder they have so many fires out there. One spark and the whole state could go up.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

That's why it's called The Golden State.  When the rains stop everything turns gold (some would call it brown).  It doesn't bother some people. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 29, 2017, 04:21:22 PM
Quote from: wallace on June 29, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
There is dry grass everywhere else.

I was stationed at El Toro airbase in Orange county and was amazed at the fact that by late April all the grass was dead and dormant.  No wonder they have so many fires out there. One spark and the whole state could go up.

We lived up in La Canada on Angeles Crest Hwy at an elev of about 2500 ft.....the hwy went up t0 Mt Wilson....it split up in the mtn's and ran Towards Big Tujunga canyon .....one of those fires came down within 1/2 mile of out house...........lots of shake shingles at that time......we were on the roofs of houses trying to keep it wet because of all the blowing embers.....dry...you bet....afterwards worse happened....the hills were barren of any vegetation.....and we were hit with heavy coastal storms.......the water and mud came down off those mountains like rivers......JPL was only a few miles away, as the crow flies, they had a huge crew trying to save any damage over there......it was a mess.........a few weeks later I rode an old Lambetta 150cc scooter up over the fire breaks.....looked like a war zone.....I took pics but they're long gone somewhere......

..something like this one.....a fun ride too..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What a cool looking scooter. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2017, 05:33:28 PM
What a cool looking scooter.

...yup, bought it used for $100...... 8)....ran it back and forth to Pasadena City college, my first year out of HS....then I transferred to Indiana University....so I sold it to a girl I knew for $75....last I heard...her brother was using it...... huh
Jon

BallAquatics

I like that spare tire.  Something seldom seen on a motor bike.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 29, 2017, 05:56:38 PM
I like that spare tire.  Something seldom seen on a motor bike.

Dennis

...I had an old car too, 57Chevy......but riding the scooter was a blast.... |^|.....boy did I put the miles on that sweetheart too....LOL.......great 'go to the beach' ride too  |^|
Jon

wallace

Nice scooter, but my eyes are checking out that door. Would I have the patience to carve something like that?
Dan