• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 250
Total: 251

Thurday coffee yak'n

Started by Mugwump, June 29, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morning......a dank, dark, wet, gloomy looking morning here........thorms most the night and more arriving later today....

...some water changes this morning along with some errands...yada yada....then putz'n..... huh

..the coffee is very good....almost ready for pot #2.... |^| 8) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great coffee here this morning. The weather is going to be fine with partly sunny skies and the temps in the mid 80s. Going into the holiday weekend will be a different story. Humidity and the 90s return.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...fireworks legal there ?.....or just sparklers, etc  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Fireworks are illegal here unless you are on a city street. There is dry grass everywhere else.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on June 29, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
Fireworks are illegal here unless you are on a city street. There is dry grass everywhere else.

Yes, I know California is tough on fireworks offenders.....as they should be too.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Good news for Chloe.  Karen knocked her out with a short acting anesthetic, went in the little hole on top of Chloe's toe with the hemostat opened up the hole a little bigger, grabbed on to a grass awl and pulled it out on her first try!  She cleaned it out with a q-tip soaked in betadine solution, and sent me and my knocked out dog home with oral antibiotics.  I got to be the veterinary assistant which is something I really miss doing. 

Chole is still asleep on the office floor.  She'll should start waking up in an hour or so.  They never send knocked out dogs home with the owner.  Karen did for me  because I'm me.

I'm proud of Chole.  She was a perfect lady.  Since she didn't have to stay with them they didn't have the chance to find out for themselves that she's mean as sin.

When I was putting Chloe in the car I saw that Lowell's vet truck was there so I had to go back in and hunt him down so I could annoy him.  I told him to come admire my new car.  He said, "Is that the car that says 'Peamite'?  It's monkey shit green!"  I love visiting with my veterinary friends.    This time it only cost me 65 bucks ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Howdy, howdy, howdy....My weather reports are pretty monotonous these days... 90's now...going to 108...

...so far it's not bothering me...i'm enjoying a lot of reading and spending time with my aquarium....I'm restructuring the plants in it...I'm also cooking more and Lucy's fine with that |^|...so am I |eat|...I took items from 2 Hawaiian BBQ Chicken recipes and grilled kabobs last night and they were fantastic |eat| |eat| |eat|, even if I do say so myself!...

...We have our potluck every Thursday nite so I think I'll do simple and take some Bushes Grillin' Beans...they're usually pretty good "as is"...I think I'll read a little and hit the pool a bit...

...I like wearing the "island" shirts with the palms an hibiscus, etc. prints....so I just finished washing one by hand as instructed and hung it outside to dry...It'll probably take all of 20 minutes 8)...I don't know how I ended up getting it, because I only buy clothes that are machine washable...anyhow, it was a nice looking shirt...if it drys alright I'll continue to hand wash it...if it goes funky, it'll go into the machine next time...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2017, 11:18:00 AM
Good news for Chloe.  Karen knocked her out with a short acting anesthetic, went in the little hole on top of Chloe's toe with the hemostat opened up the hole a little bigger, grabbed on to a grass awl and pulled it out on her first try!  She cleaned it out with a q-tip soaked in betadine solution, and sent me and my knocked out dog home with oral antibiotics.  I got to be the veterinary assistant which is something I really miss doing. 

Chole is still asleep on the office floor.  She'll should start waking up in an hour or so.  They never send knocked out dogs home with the owner.  Karen did for me  because I'm me.

I'm proud of Chole.  She was a perfect lady.  Since she didn't have to stay with them they didn't have the chance to find out for themselves that she's mean as sin.

When I was putting Chloe in the car I saw that Lowell's vet truck was there so I had to go back in and hunt him down so I could annoy him.  I told him to come admire my new car.  He said, "Is that the car that says 'Peamite'?  It's monkey shit green!"  I love visiting with my veterinary friends.    This time it only cost me 65 bucks ;D
Well, that's super good news to hear!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..good for Chloe..... 8)......that was much easier on her.....and you too....no return trip for now  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

It should heal just fine now that the foreign body is gone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2017, 12:13:46 PM
It should heal just fine now that the foreign body is gone.

.... |^|  great!
Jon

Mugwump

We've got a pretty good chance of severe weather here in a bit ....and somethings blow'n in big time now.............we'll see..... huh huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Are you going to batten down the hatches?....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 29, 2017, 01:50:56 PM
Are you going to batten down the hatches?....

...they be battened already....LOL......errands are done now.....we're back home and chill'n......you could actually cut the air out there with a knife it's so thick and muggy...
Jon

wallace

No. 2 son stopped by so I got him to help me bleed the brakes. I wasn't having much luck doing it myself.
Dan