• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

Stormy Friday morning...

Started by Mugwump, June 23, 2017, 05:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good  |^| on a rainy stormy morning......it should clear out later on  huh...we got the big boomers overnight, but some are still rumbling in the area ....80's for a high?

...water changes today....maybe and errand or two...?.....nothing planned...so we'll take it as it comes.....

more coffee......more coffee......

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2...... |^|.....things are looking up.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

We had quite a bit of rain overnight but I don't know if it stormed as I didn't wake up. I don't see any branches down so it couldn't have been too bad.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 23, 2017, 08:25:51 AM
We had quite a bit of rain overnight but I don't know if it stormed as I didn't wake up. I don't see any branches down so it couldn't have been too bad.

....It wasn't blowing badly like the last storm.....just rain and boomers....a downpour hitting the roof woke me up once....it's moved on now...
Jon

Ron Sower

...still warm here....over 100 easily daily...clear skies though....

...AC's not maintaining the temp at 78 so went under house yesterday to look for possible holes or leaks in the ducting...found where the tape connecting the ducts going to the new room was pulling away and letting air escape...wasn't much though...repaired that and if it made any difference it was only slight...most of the excess heat is in the front of the home where the sun is hitting hard later in the afternoon...in the fall, winter and spring months the sun doesn't hit the front...

Think I'll go to LFS in Tucson later today to look for some SAE's and maybe some small tetras...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 23, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

...AC's not maintaining the temp at 78 so went under house yesterday to look for possible holes or leaks in the ducting...found where the tape connecting the ducts going to the new room was pulling away and letting air escape...wasn't much though...repaired that and if it made any difference it was only slight...most of the excess heat is in the front of the home where the sun is hitting hard later in the afternoon...in the fall, winter and spring months the sun doesn't hit the front...

Think I'll go to LFS in Tucson later today to look for some SAE's and maybe some small tetras...

....when was the Freon last checked?......with your additions, the unit may not be big enough??.....my Dad had AC but ran the swamp cooler more often....
Jon

LizStreithorst

AC never works well in dry heat because it cools by removing moisture from the air.  That's my understanding of it but I could be full of shit.

We continue to get torrential downpours every day.  Sometimes the sun comes out but then it turns bad again.  It's the torrents come with heavy winds, don't last too long and when they go the winds slack off a good bit.  Strange weather.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Tony44

Afternoon all feeling better tonite but still getting use to change. Going to Buffalo Wild Wings then bed. Do you have attic vents we have power ones that are set to a thermostat when it reaches 85 they turn on pull air from eves on the house and push the real hot air out thus a cooler attic and ac does not have to work as hard.
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 23, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 23, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

....when was the Freon last checked?......with your additions, the unit may not be big enough??.....my Dad had AC but ran the swamp cooler more often....
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 23, 2017, 03:04:57 PM
AC never works well in dry heat because it cools by removing moisture from the air.  That's my understanding of it but I could be full of shit.

We continue to get torrential downpours every day.  Sometimes the sun comes out but then it turns bad again.  It's the torrents come with heavy winds, don't last too long and when they go the winds slack off a good bit.  Strange weather.
Freon should be good...coming out of the registers it's 58, 56, 54, 52, from furthest to closest to the AC...2.5 ton for 640SF...should be plenty...
The sun is not only hitting the smaller front side of the house, but it's also hitting the full broad side of it in the afternoon...that's probably the cause....may try some sort of screening on that side....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron