• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

The good things...

Started by LizStreithorst, June 20, 2017, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

about having the wholesaler cut down on ordering from me and having a draining pump that doesn't work are:

The fish grew bigger and I have had more time to look at them rather than just grow them, bag them and sell them.  Every Angel I own come from a wide finned Blue Marble group that Jon pointed me to.  They were offered for sale on Aquabid.  All but one was a PS.  I've bred moms to kids and kids to kids and dad to kids.  They have presented me with so many surprises.  First I got Plats.  But none were ps.  Then I got ghosts all of which were pearl scales.  I got several pearl scale clowns but they turned out to be all males.

Out of nowhere, I got the blue and gold blushers!  The last surprise is that I now have some gold and platinum pearl scales.  I've known for several weeks but I haven't separated the good ones yet.  I have always wanted Platinum pearl scales and low and behold I have them!!!!!

I'm somewhat ashamed that I don't know which of my pairs are the parents of these, but I've had the good sense to keep all my pairs.  When l'm to the point where I am not overrun by grow outs I will get to start breeding again.  I just need to slow down.  This is a hobby after all.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2017, 04:48:27 PM
about having the wholesaler cut down on ordering from me and having a draining pump that doesn't work are:

The fish grew bigger and I have had more time to look at them rather than just grow them, bag them and sell them.  Every Angel I own come from a wide finned Blue Marble group that Jon pointed me to.  They were offered for sale on Aquabid.  All but one was a PS.  I've bred moms to kids and kids to kids and dad to kids.  They have presented me with so many surprises.  First I got Plats.  But none were ps.  Then I got ghosts all of which were pearl scales.  I got several pearl scale clowns but they turned out to be all males.

Out of nowhere, I got the blue and gold blushers!  The last surprise is that I now have some gold and platinum pearl scales.  I've known for several weeks but I haven't separated the good ones yet.  I have always wanted Platinum pearl scales and low and behold I have them!!!!!

I'm somewhat ashamed that I don't know which of my pairs are the parents of these, but I've had the good sense to keep all my pairs.  When l'm to the point where I am not overrun by grow outs I will get to start breeding again.  I just need to slow down.  This is a hobby after all.

....sometimes spawns are like opening a present........then.....surprise !!!!  |^|

That's what I'n getting now too.......each spawn has it's own gems to share.............ain't it great  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's totally great!  I used to be all about purebreds.  I still kinda arm but when I get a surprise it knocks my socks off.

I so much want to start breeding again.  I have all these cool fish to work with, but I have to keep myself under control.  Keeping myself under tight rein is what's hard.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

One thing that got me interested in Angelfish genetics was, I had bought some black angels. When they paired up and had kids, some of them were Orange Koi. Big shock. Took me a while to understand how two black fish could produce Orange Koi. Finally figured out it was because both of them were D/Gm hybrid blacks with a stripeless gene. Sometimes you just never know.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 20, 2017, 11:46:23 PM
One thing that got me interested in Angelfish genetics was, I had bought some black angels. When they paired up and had kids, some of them were Orange Koi. Big shock. Took me a while to understand how two black fish could produce Orange Koi. Finally figured out it was because both of them were D/Gm hybrid blacks with a stripeless gene. Sometimes you just never know.

....similar thing here too..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson