• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

Coffee on Thurs. morn'n

Started by Mugwump, June 15, 2017, 05:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

You just don't see that kind of behavior here in rural Ohio.  Maybe in the bigger cities, but not here.

The store I'm at is in the farm area of the county.....  mostly just good country folks that still have some pride and dignity.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 15, 2017, 04:07:11 PM
You just don't see that kind of behavior here in rural Ohio.  Maybe in the bigger cities, but not here.

The store I'm at is in the farm area of the county.....  mostly just good country folks that still have some pride and dignity.

Dennis

.....you're so lucky then..........we don't get a whole lot either out this way.........but it has happened.....and hilarious too......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've never seen anything like that at the ones we have down here.  I still dread having to go to one.  Too many people.  Too impersonal.  I don't think that I could ever work for them regardless of the pay and  benefits.  It's much too structured for me.  Work now, break now, work a little more, take another break, work, eat lunch  work more then go home.  It would piss me off that I couldn't work straight through, take a leisurely lunch, work till I got done and then go home.  Is this a union job?  It sounds like it.  I worked a union job once when I was a teen.  All I wanted to do was work and they kept making me take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours.  A 15 minute break is only good for smokers.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2017, 07:44:39 PM
I've never seen anything like that at the ones we have down here.  I still dread having to go to one.  Too many people.  Too impersonal.  I don't think that I could ever work for them regardless of the pay and  benefits.  It's much too structured for me.  Work now, break now, work a little more, take another break, work, eat lunch  work more then go home.  It would piss me off that I couldn't work straight through, take a leisurely lunch, work till I got done and then go home.  Is this a union job?  It sounds like it.  I worked a union job once when I was a teen.  All I wanted to do was work and they kept making me take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours.  A 15 minute break is only good for smokers.

Walmart hates unions.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

The Walmart near here is on the main interstate-5 that carries travelers all up and down from LA to Seattle, so there are oddballs there. Saw Jesus once. He was perfect.

I stopped going there a couple years ago after they moved everything around and I couldn't find anything without either asking or walking all over. Our hardware store did the same thing, and the grocery store. What is that?
Dan