• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 02:15:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Oh my...

Started by LizStreithorst, June 02, 2017, 03:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 06, 2017, 01:36:53 PM
He said that I could take it to Chip, all he would need is a copy of my driver's license.  Chip is looking forward to giving it his blessing.  I can't do it today.  It's raining some but there's no telling when the sky might open up like it did last night.  I don't want to be caught in a car that I don't own when the sky lets loose a blinding downpour.

I called the folks who have the money I'm not allowed to touch and told them to transfer it to my bank account.  It will take between 48 and 72 hrs.  The die has been cast.

... |^|...the adventure begins.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Guess what folks.  I have a new car ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2017, 03:31:32 PM
Guess what folks.  I have a new car ;D

....Well good for you..........have you been out wheeling around?....how big is the gas tank on that little thing.....10 gallon?.......top speed that you've had it so far is ?... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yup, 10.5 gallons.  That's OK.  It gets 40 something MPG.

I don't have it home yet.  I have to wait for the money to be transferred which will be either tomorrow or the day after.  But my offer of $10,000 cash was accepted, although he made me sweat a bit before he gave me his answer.  When he came back he didn't dick around with me.  He said he'd do it.  The papers have been signed.  The deal is done. 

I don't know how fast it will go but it has way more pep than I expected.  Driving to Chip's I never got out of 5th gear.  At 65 mph the rpm's were only 2500 and I 6th gear left to go.  The speedo goes up to 140 and I suppose it might get there  in it's own sweet time on a very long, flat, straight, well paved road lol.  It had noticable torque power on downshift.  I was impressed.  I don't need to build up a head of steam to pass on a 2 lane highway. 

Chip loved it.  BJ loved it, too.  The guy from AutoZone who takes parts to Chip saw it and he loves it too.  Chip plugged in the computer thing to see if he could read data.  He could!  With the newer year models only a Fiat dealer can read data.  He looked at what the data told him and said, "buy it".  BJ took it for a drive and he was impressed.  His daughter is hot for a Mini Cooper.  I told him to do some research like I did.  Everyone says the Fiat is a well built car.  They don't say that about the Mini.

When my heart gets together with my head on equal terms the outcome is always satisfying.  My heart has wanted one of these Fiat 500's since Charlotte's heart attack.  My silly heart wanted the Abarth version.  My heart made me come to within a hair's breath of buying it but my little head put in it's two cents and stopped me.  This time both my parts are delighted with my decision.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2017, 04:32:32 PM
Yup, 10.5 gallons.  That's OK.  It gets 40 something MPG.

I don't have it home yet.  I have to wait for the money to be transferred which will be either tomorrow or the day after.  But my offer of $10,000 cash was accepted, although he made me sweat a bit before he gave me his answer.  When he came back he didn't dick around with me.  He said he'd do it.  The papers have been signed.  The deal is done. 

I don't know how fast it will go but it has way more pep than I expected.  Driving to Chip's I never got out of 5th gear.  At 65 mph the rpm's were only 2500 and I 6th gear left to go.  The speedo goes up to 140 and I suppose it might get there  in it's own sweet time on a very long, flat, straight, well paved road lol.  It had noticable torque power on downshift.  I was impressed.  I don't need to build up a head of steam to pass on a 2 lane highway. 

Chip loved it.  BJ loved it, too.  The guy from AutoZone who takes parts to Chip saw it and he loves it too.  Chip plugged in the computer thing to see if he could read data.  He could!  With the newer year models only a Fiat dealer can read data.  He looked at what the data told him and said, "buy it".  BJ took it for a drive and he was impressed.  His daughter is hot for a Mini Cooper.  I told him to do some research like I did.  Everyone says the Fiat is a well built car.  They don't say that about the Mini.

When my heart gets together with my head on equal terms the outcome is always satisfying.  My heart has wanted one of these Fiat 500's since Charlotte's heart attack.  My silly heart wanted the Abarth version.  My heart made me come to within a hair's breath of buying it but my little head put in it's two cents and stopped me.  This time both my parts are delighted with my decision.

...that's what counts.....'you're happy with it'   w!w |^| w!w.....and that's way cool beans  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Jon

BallAquatics

Way to go girl!!!   8)

Dennis

Mugwump

...get it yet?....get it yet??.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Just got her home.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 08, 2017, 04:25:30 PM
Just got her home.

..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|......windows open....tunes play'n...just cruising in my car..... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I stopped by Chip's and asked him if his brother could make the Fiat glow.  He looked at her finish and said yes, but Shiny man won't be around for 5 weeks.  That's OK, I can wait.

While I was there he suggested the name Peamite.  I think I like that better than Teenie Greenie.  The car seemed to like the sound of it, too.

BallAquatics

So how many miles have you put on the new car this weekend Liz???  It's been great weather around here for a drive out through the country side.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 11, 2017, 06:01:29 AM
So how many miles have you put on the new car this weekend Liz???  It's been great weather around here for a drive out through the country side.

Dennis

....LOL....we should have a pool and guess how many..... huh.....what?....oil change already....LOL
Jon

BallAquatics

I bet I'm ahead as I've done my first 100 for the day.....  Had to go for a test ride after the valve adjustments  LOL

Dennis

wallace

You guys have some great looking shiny new toys... its infectious, but bank account says, "Nope, you need a newer work truck".
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on June 11, 2017, 11:39:30 AM
You guys have some great looking shiny new toys... its infectious, but bank account says, "Nope, you need a newer work truck".

LOL.........yep
Jon