• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 01:07:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Oh my...

Started by LizStreithorst, June 02, 2017, 03:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've never forgotten about the Fiat 500.  There's one in Hattiesburg.  It's not an Abarth, but really. what does an old lady like me need with a sports car?  I think I go visit it tomorrow after work.  They're asking 12,400.  If I like the way it drives and handles I'm afraid I might take the plunge.  Charlotte will be totally pissed.  https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m98&radius=150&zip=39459&trimNames=NONE_NONE&trimLevelNames=NONE_NONE&colors=NONE_NONE&utm_term=2017-06-02&utm_campaign=1-1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dealfinderSubscription&utm_content=bodySampleListingsViewDetailsCTA#listing=176856633
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...says $9482...??

...poor Charlotte........................... :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That is the instant market value (whatever that means)  Their asking price is 12,400.  I will pay $10,000, period.  Folks in my neck of the woods aren't hot for this car.  They will consider it small, strange, and foreign.  It will be hard to sell.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I was thinking of financing part of it so that I wouldn't deplete the money that I'm not allowed to touch by close to half.  But I spoke to my neighbor Judy about it because she has a good head on her shoulders while I mostly follow my heart.  She and I are of the same mind.  If she buys something she wants to own it.  She doesn't want it to be partly hers until it's paid off.  When I told her that it was a 2013 with under 17,000 miles she said that I should be careful that the odometer wasn't set back.  The only way I know to tell is too look at the odometer and see if the numbers line up correctly.  I'm getting all excited but I will be very careful.  If I drive it and like it I may insist on driving it for a couple of days so I can take it to Chip for professional evaluation.

As far as Charlotte, she will be jealous of a pretty, sexy, unusual car at first. She has to come to the realization that she is old, and shit breaks when you're old even when you do your best to be strong.  A good reliable car is in her future even if it turns out not to be this one.  I will do my best to find her a stall mate that she can think well of.  She's not stupid, she'll figure out that she will always be my favorite.

I swear. sometimes I read what I have written and doubt my sanity huh

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2017, 09:45:05 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 02, 2017, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2017, 09:45:05 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...+1...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I bought a lot of used cars in my time. Had pretty good luck overall.  But I always wondered why the previous owner would get rid of the car.  Can't conceive of someone getting rid of a perfectly good car for no reason.  All the ones I ever traded in were just about on their last legs.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

The dealership emailed me back.  The guy said that it was a local trade-in that they got in last week, and it was on sale for $9,988. plus tax and title.  I wanted to go see it this afternoon but it's been pouring down rain since early this morning.  I'll wait until Monday.

I'm sure that this car will be hard for them to sell.  It's way too unconventional for this area, plus it's a standard which nobody thinks is a good thing but me. 

GeorgeG

You can also ask the dealer for a CarFax on it or do it yourself but you need the VIN. That will tell you if it has ever been in and accident and the correct mileage.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on June 03, 2017, 04:06:57 PM
You can also ask the dealer for a CarFax on it or do it yourself but you need the VIN. That will tell you if it has ever been in and accident and the correct mileage.

|^|...yeppers....+1
Jon

LizStreithorst

I did ask the dealer to email me the CarFax but he didn't.  The vin is listed so I checked it myself.  No report is available for that vin.  I was under the impression that to be listed on Car Gurus a vehicle had to have a CarFax but I could be mistaken.  I'm a bit worried about the odometer having been set back.  It's not often you find a 2013 model with under 17,000 miles.

Barb

When I got our 2013 Escape last Sept. it had just 12,000 mi on it.  Had been a company car that wasn't used much.  My last car was 2 yrs old. with 20,000 mi, and had been an Enterprise rental.  I hope you get it Liz!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 03, 2017, 06:17:30 PM
I did ask the dealer to email me the CarFax but he didn't.  The vin is listed so I checked it myself.  No report is available for that vin.  I was under the impression that to be listed on Car Gurus a vehicle had to have a CarFax but I could be mistaken.  I'm a bit worried about the odometer having been set back.  It's not often you find a 2013 model with under 17,000 miles.

...curious.....how many miles a year do you usually travel to work, etc...?...approximately?   
Jon

LizStreithorst

24 miles round trip 5 days a week.  I think that comes out to around 5,000 miles a year.  But I don't do math so I could be wrong.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 04, 2017, 08:18:26 AM
24 miles round trip 5 days a week.  I think that comes out to around 5,000 miles a year.  But I don't do math so I could be wrong.

...then if it was locally owned, 17,000 is conceivable..... huh
Jon

Tony44

The newer cars it is hard to turn miles back sometimes they would just disconnect the speedo from the transmission look under car and see if there are wrench marks on speedo cable. If it has a old type odometer a rap on top of dashboard above odometer the numbers will move if the odometer was tampered with. I once was looking at a truck that said 17000 on speedo but oil change sticker said 45500 it was on the door jamb. The truck was clean but high miles
RIGHT TURN CLYDE