• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

Sunday morn'n coffee...

Started by Mugwump, May 21, 2017, 05:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...It's swap morning, and the coffee is very, very good.... |^|

...we've been up, and soon we'll will head down to finish gathering up the last of everything that we'll be taking along...

It rained and stormed last night, but has thankfully it has cleared the area now....so no more rain expected ...and we should see a decent crowd... huh

..now for more coffee.....yup, gotta wake up...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Rain off and on here.  Sometimes hard sometimes no rain at all. 

I've been hard at it since my cup this morning.  It smelled so bad in the fish room yesterday afternoon that I wasn't able to do wipe downs.  Combine a warm room with a damp floor and 13 chickens shitting and you get toxic air.  I tired opening the door to the house hoping 3 doors open to the outdoors and the exhaust fan would help, but all I ended up with was chickens walking into the house.  Luckily,  I still had their clean large cage and fish container in the house.  I opened the cage and 5 chickens walked it.  I hunted down the remaining 8 and put them in the fish container and threw in the towel for the night.

After coffee, I did my wipe downs and changed 700 gallons of water.  Then I cleaned up my tools in the chicken house, moved the scrap lumber out of the way, swept the chicken house out, opened it's windows, but down a bale of shavings and scooped up chickens 3 at a time, moved them to their own house and closed the door. 

I've made my materials list for fencing and as soon as I finish my little sit down I'm headed to Lowes.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Those are about the luckiest chickens in the world having you to take care of them.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I know that I will let myself suffer before I let my animals suffer.  It's the way it should be, period.

I'm back from Lowes with materials.  Think I'll have a stuffed green pepper before I start digging post holes.  The sun is out now.  I hope it stays for a while.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Its another sunny day in the 70s. Moved a bunch of compost from a heap to the garden and chewed it in.

For some reason I can't pace myself when I'm digging with a shovel. Instead I go at it forcefully and wear myself out.
Dan

Tony44

Hey Jon nice meeting you at swap today have to do it again in October
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on May 21, 2017, 05:26:07 PM
Hey Jon nice meeting you at swap today have to do it again in October

..Hi Tony....it was great meeting you too. I'm look forward to seeing, and talking, with you once more.....next time pull up a chair, and we'll grab some coffee  |^| ....and I promise not to be trying to slam a quick sandwich down again.......LOL....

Jon