• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

Sunday swap 5/21

Started by Mugwump, May 21, 2017, 06:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....A fun swap today....saw and met Tony....and a wonderful guy too.....hopefully we'll meet up next swap for a spell longer... |^|

Capt'n Bob and Gale sat this swap out and attended another show up north.....but in their absence, who should show up....Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!!.....almost didn't recognize him....he's lost a bit of weight and is now being called 'Slim'.....I can't tell ya how great he looks....fit and healthy... ;D |^| ;D |^| ;D

We didn't sell out but almost..................close enough... 8)
A decent but not record breaking crowd was in attendance.......this was more talkative group....many excellent questions were heard being asked at the many vendor's tables ....and these are the fun swaps...but unfortunately they do seem to pass by way to quickly....

...brought home several things that we scored.... ;)....say like....some exquisite Black leopard veils....that goes with a story.... huh..that I'll share later on...

we're all unloaded, put away, and now fed well...................... and now drinking coffee, and realizing that it's been a long day....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Was a good time sold a lot of stuff but brought some stuff home to but stuff that I don't mind bringing Home have some tanks to grow out some more kind of caught jon during lunch great time talking to him very good guy look forward to next swap and talking somemore also I think I am from his old stomping grounds he new all the spots around my house where the party's are.i think that a lot of fish people are getting ready for summer attendance was not as good as a midwinter swap but there is a good base of diehard fish people around here.
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

ilroost

Good Video. Seen a couple of guy's I know in the crowd.

sschind

Don't know if I'd agree with the "slim" part but thanks.  It was good to see you guys too.  My nephew loves the angels.  I haven't seen them all settled in yet but he was pretty excited when he let them out of the bags.

He enjoyed the swap and together he and his brother spent about 80 bucks (and I spent almost that much feeding them afterwards)  He said he thought it was weird that everyone he bought fish from talked about breeding them.  "I just don't want them to kill each other" was his response to that so I don't think you will have to worry about him competing with you for sales in the future.  On the other hand you wont have the satisfaction of seeing your lines continued through another hobbyist.

It got me thinking again but I just don't have any room for tanks.  Well maybe I could squeeze in a couple of 30's
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on May 23, 2017, 03:27:06 PM
Don't know if I'd agree with the "slim" part but thanks.  It was good to see you guys too.  My nephew loves the angels.  I haven't seen them all settled in yet but he was pretty excited when he let them out of the bags.

He enjoyed the swap and together he and his brother spent about 80 bucks (and I spent almost that much feeding them afterwards)  He said he thought it was weird that everyone he bought fish from talked about breeding them.  "I just don't want them to kill each other" was his response to that so I don't think you will have to worry about him competing with you for sales in the future.  On the other hand you wont have the satisfaction of seeing your lines continued through another hobbyist.

It got me thinking again but I just don't have any room for tanks.  Well maybe I could squeeze in a couple of 30's

,...that's the spirit !!!............LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

You've been missed, Steve.  Get the 30's set up |^|
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 23, 2017, 05:46:14 PM
You've been missed, Steve.  Get the 30's set up |^|

...yup....get 'em set up.....we'll fill them with fish......LOL
Jon