• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:05:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Is it worth it

Started by JR, April 28, 2013, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Since we moved to our new house we have had nothing but bad luck. We had to go to Houston Texas. My uncle passed. We were caught off guard. So we had no time to get ready. We were gone for two weeks. I asked my grandson if he could take care of my fish and feed the dogs. He said he would. Got home at 3pm today. I opened the door and about fell down. The smell was as bad as the city dump. There was no power. Went out back and fired up the genrator, Wish I had not. The house looked like a war zone. My grandson said he forgot to come over and take care of the fish and dogs. Some how the main breaker had triped.
Some how the dogs got the bathtub water on in the master bath room. My basement is almost knee deep in water. the carpet in the whole house has to be replaced. I lost 90% of my saltwater fish and 50% of my freshwater. A buddy that owns a LFS came and got the rest of my fish till I get set back up. I am not sure I wont to at this time. I am about ready to just walk away. WE are back at the old house till we get this mess cleaned up. Glad I had not sold it yet.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BallAquatics

WOW, I feel for you JR.  Sounds like quite a mess.  I can understand how upset you must be.....

Dennis

b125killer

That sucks. sorry to hear about all the stuff going wrong. I hope things will get better for you guy soon. 
Scott

PaulineMi

Oh no. So sorry to hear all that happened to you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Chin up, and git'r done....build it better and nicer. It's a chance to redo the fishroom too...it sucks, JR....but try to think of it as an opportunity....maybe the sun will shine through??....I wish that I was closer, I'd pitch in and give you a hand.....keep us posted on your progress, we'll cheer you on.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Thanks Cant wait to see the next water bill. The guys pumped all the water out last night.

LizStreithorst

What a mess.  I'm so sorry.  Is your grandson still among the living?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 29, 2013, 08:33:59 AM

LOL....I was afraid to ask that........ ;D...I hope he's helping, that's for sure.... ;D...how old is he, JR..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Pretty much this has been the last two weeks of my life. Arriving at people's destroyed homes and telling them terrible news about the costs of cleaning up the damage to their equipment. Not nice. Sorry to hear you are among the ones having to deal with this mess.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 29, 2013, 08:33:59 AM

My husband wondered about that also.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Jdmcfast

So sorry to hear that JR! I hope everything works out for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

JR

Been The day from hell.  The American Family adjuster said sorry about your luck. We do not cover neglect. The next call was to my lawyer, So we will see how that goes. As for my grandson he is a very unhappy camper. He was living in our old house and driving my 02 F150. Made him move back in with mom and dad and took my keys back to my truck. I could not believe he asked when he could move back in the house and get the truck back. He has never paid any rent. Told him he could have the truck back when he had 4500. And if I ever let him move back into the house he would pay 550.00 a month. And he is 22 year old. Told him to stay away till I was ready to talk to him.

The contractor came in and said 4 to 6 months to clean this up and 50k. It has to get better from here hell I hated all that carpet any how. They have to tear out the whole master bath and re do it all the carpet and the hardwood floors in the basement have to be replaced.

I am just glad my dogs are ok. You cant leave 3 GSD locked up for 2 weeks and it not look like a war zone.

LizStreithorst

Once again, I am so very sorry.  It must take all your strength not to ring the little bastard's neck.  22 years old.  Absolutely no excuse.  I figured he was maybe 9.  I know that the poor dogs found water.  Were they able to find food?  I sure hope that your lawyer can do you some good with the insurance company.  I wish there were more I could do than feel sorry for you. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

Sampson is the smart one. I had 2 50lb bags of dog food in the pantry he knows were I keep the food. So he helped himself. I can replace anything in the house but not my dogs. Patty said we had to look at the good things that came out of this. And our babys are ok. Thank you all for caring. They say what dont kill ya just makes you stronger.

PaulineMi

Quote from: JR on April 29, 2013, 07:02:02 PM
. They say what dont kill ya just makes you stronger.

Hang on to that last sentence and your signature line.